Thread: Banshee Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Banshee Problems

I love banshee because of the easy to use and powerful interface, and the extensions available. But a couple of things really **** me off:
    1> The volume never wants to stay where I put it. At random, the change in track resets the volume level to the startup volume, which is really annoying. It happens both when using the CLI commands or the GUI slider to change the volume. I've been woken up by the abrupt volume change more than a dozen times. What's wrong??
    2> The alarm clock extension, when set to sleep, doesn't work mostly. In the event it works, it simply freezes banshee instead of just stopping the song (the song stops anyway ). I have to kill it.
    3> The RAM usage sometimes starts running away like hell. Not much problem normally, but is problematic while encoding.

I'm using version 1.6 RC2 (1.5.6) from the PPA on a 64 bit Karmic machine.
    Dell Studio 1555
    Intel P8600 2.4 GHz, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, 512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 320GB 5400 RPM WD Blue Scorpio

Beans
    Distro

Re: Banshee Problems

And I came across yet another problem-it doesn't quit. It restarts every time I try to kill it.
    Dell Studio 1555
    Intel P8600 2.4 GHz, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, 512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 320GB 5400 RPM WD Blue Scorpio

Beans
    Distro

bump!!
    Dell Studio 1555

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I know I've had the same "volume resets on track change" problem on opensuse, but it does quit when I tell it to.

No idea how to fix it, though.