Thread: Red exclamation mark gnome network manager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Red exclamation mark gnome network manager

I have an issue with a red exclamation mark on the gnome nm applet, I'm connected to my wireless. but the mark persists. Is there a way to make that mark go away? someone suggested installing the broadcom opensource b43 driver, I tried that but the driver never shows up in hardware manager. The mark is annoying. Anyone else with this issue? Any help would be greatly welcomed.
    Last edited by jaoc223; March 25th, 2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: solved

Beans

Re: Red exclamation mark gnome network manager

same issue here - I try and avoid looking at it to save it annoying me!!. Hopefully this will be fixed by the final release. Wireless working flawlessly.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I get the same notification when my netbook connects to the router in the house, when I'm in my shop, for me at least it just denotes a weak signal, when it is connected to the access point in my shop, I get the proper notification icon.

Beans
    Distro

The red exclamation is supposed to symbolize "no connection". Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your wired or wireless connection through the applet. Maybe the reconnecting with going from "no connection" to "connected" will change the symbol.

Beans

tried that - still the same. The exclamation mark goes away when it is trying to connect but reappears when connection is made. I'm using the bcm4322 wireless driver. As said before as long as the wireless is working I'm not overly concerned at present. I have used mostly WICD before but would like to stay with NM for now.

Beans

I also am having this same problem. The wireless is working fine but the applet shows as if it is disconnected. Weird indeed.

Beans

Same here. It is irritating, isn't it, if not essential, as network working fine apart from the icon none of the existing threads solve the problem, either. Perhaps the next update will remove it...