Thread: Problem with Eclipse and GWT

Beans

Problem with Eclipse and GWT

Hi all - first post, hopefully I'm putting this in the right place. I have just upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10, and installed Eclipse via the "Ubuntu Software Center". I also added some packages via the Synaptic Package Manager - so I have installed the following:

eclipse 3.5.1
    eclipse-rcp
    eclipse-platform
    eclipse-platform-data
    eclipse-pde
    eclipse-plugin-cvs
    eclipse-jdt

My problem is with trying to install the GWT plug-in. I use the following site:

http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.5

But get the following message once Eclipse checks all the dependencies:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    Software being installed: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 1.2.0.v200912062003 (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e35.feature.feature. group 1.2.0.v200912062003)
    Missing requirement: Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 1.2.0.v200912062003 (com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e35.feature.feature. group 1.2.0.v200912062003) requires 'org.eclipse.wst.css.ui 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Any help would be much appreciated. I can get this working in Windows, but would much rather work under Linux.

Thanks.
    utford

Beans

Re: Problem with Eclipse and GWT

Found my own answer in the Google Community forums. I'll append it here in case others have the same problem. Add the following site to the list of available sites:

http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo

And make sure that "Contact all available sites" is selected

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Problem with Eclipse and GWT

Thanks! =D>