Thread: Ipod video, psp or another one?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Ipod video, psp or another one?

Is it worth buying this things?

I was reading about it.. it seens tha psp has a bigger screen, but i think that those cards are expensive for their size.

ipod has a smaller screen but have 30gb and stuff.

And i saw another one that was posted here that had 20gb and playied divx and xvid.

Anyone have these things? is it worth buying? i mean, can you really watch movies in those? or they are just toys?

I m thinking about buying something.. maybe an ipod or something, what do you guys recommend?

Beans

Re: Ipod video, psp or another one?

Quote Originally Posted by sapo
    Is it worth buying this things?

I was reading about it.. it seens tha psp has a bigger screen, but i think that those cards are expensive for their size.

ipod has a smaller screen but have 30gb and stuff.

And i saw another one that was posted here that had 20gb and playied divx and xvid.

Anyone have these things? is it worth buying? i mean, can you really watch movies in those? or they are just toys?

I m thinking about buying something.. maybe an ipod or something, what do you guys recommend?
    I would consider something different than an Ipod. There are other video/mp3 players that are not as tied to closed formats and give you more options.
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Beans

If your wanting to watch DVD movies just by a portable DVD player.
    I have a Polaroid DVD players with a 8 inch LCD screen. Plays many common formats (no DivX or xVid though)..
    Cheers,
    Joey
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Nope, i dont like dvds, i have like 70dvds with anime (almost all in xvid) and i have a lot of movies and stuff, but nothing in dvd format, i think its a waste to use 4.4gb just for ONE movie

But i cant remember the player i saw that played divx and xvid

Beans

I have an iPod.. but it's a black and white screen fourth generation one.. it's nice, though ^_^

Beans
    Hidden!

Cant you do something with the firmware of a PSP to get it to play what you want?

The reason i'm speculating is because i've heard of someone playing an old PC game on a PSP, and I know a PSP was NOT designed to play that format!
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sapo
    Nope, i dont like dvds, i have like 70dvds with anime (almost all in xvid) and i have a lot of movies and stuff, but nothing in dvd format, i think its a waste to use 4.4gb just for ONE movie

But i cant remember the player i saw that played divx and xvid
    I have a Phillips DVD player that is certified for DivX and many more formats, but its for your TV at home so its not portable. Good news is its only about 60 bucks at walmart.

Cheers,
    Joey
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654