Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting source code from .jar file

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Getting source code from .jar file

Quote Originally Posted by hyperAura View Post
    cool, thnx for your replies.. well im not against open source but atm im at uni and i hate it when other people copy my code and get the marks without even working for it..
    And that actually happens, does it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hyperAura View Post
    cool, thnx for your replies.. well im not against open source but atm im at uni and i hate it when other people copy my code and get the marks without even working for it..
    Lock up your computer? Store the code in some USB so that it isn't saved on the hard disk? Encrypt the source?

Man, this is something that will happen no matter what you study, no matter where. Those are the situations in which the professor has to be a good one and not only ask for the code but ask for an explanation of how it works. If someone copied it, chances are high that person doesn't know how it works, making it obvious that he copied.

Beans

Then I stand corrected!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

plagiarism is something which happens a lot especially in subjects such as cs.. the big problem is that if u r caught for that it doesn't matter if you are the owner or the copier.. u might get kicked out of uni because someone else copied from u..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Don't talk in generalities -- has it happened to you? (You implied that it had, and was ongoing -- "I hate it when other people copy my code...".) Do you have reason to think that it would? And how would people get hold of your schoolwork code, anyway?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

yes it has happened before but the school did not realize it.. other students that were caught were kicked out of the school.. the latest project i've done is my final year project and yes i have reason to believe that people would copy as the algorithms used are core in programming other games too..

i don't know how you can break into a linux account without knowing the password but people have done it as i've seen my code before changing hands.. and i have changed my password a few times..

this time i have not uploaded my files on the school machines yet but at some point i will have to..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12