Thread: How to download all updates for distro about to loose support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

How to download all updates for distro about to loose support

I have a laptop running 8.04LTS very well and have been keeping it up to date. I'd like to have the ability to re-install 8.04 at a later time if I had to reformat the laptop...

I have the latest 8.04 CD image (8.04.2 I think) but of course there have been many updates since then.

Is there a way for me to capture all these updates so that I can reapply them at a later time after a fresh install of 8.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How to download all updates for distro about to loose support

Quote Originally Posted by nathbeadle View Post
    I have a laptop running 8.04LTS very well and have been keeping it up to date. I'd like to have the ability to re-install 8.04 at a later time if I had to reformat the laptop...

I have the latest 8.04 CD image (8.04.2 I think) but of course there have been many updates since then.

Is there a way for me to capture all these updates so that I can reapply them at a later time after a fresh install of 8.04?
    Hi and welcome to the forums,

firstly, 8.04 has another year of support yet

The latest 8.04 is 8.04.4, that one has the latest updates and also makes 8.04 ready for the 'jump' to 10.04, that being the next LTS due out at the end of April. You do not need to 'jump' to 10.04 for another 12 months if you want to stay on 8.04 and receive updates.

Regards,

Phill.