Thread: Linux game publishing...anyone know what's going on?

Beans

Linux game publishing...anyone know what's going on?

Okay so i have been following LGP (http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/) for quite some time now and recently their blogs and news have just stopped.

Am i the only one who is wandering if they have simply given up? Be a pitty if they did, their recent ports have been brill.
    Last edited by ELD; March 22nd, 2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Beans

Re: Linux game publishing...anyone know what's going on?

Don't worry man, they are still alive and kicking.
    They are working on several projects now (few of them are not yet reviled) so they have no time for chatting.

But I can assure you that Michael Simms is alive and updating his facebook almost every day

Beans

Can you PM me a link to his profile or are his updates set to private?

If their private then don't worry, but can you ask him to at least make a new blog post outlining some stuff?

Beans

His facebook profile is privet and doesn't contain anything about LGP or Tuxgames, but it does contains how much calories Michael lost using his new Wii

But LGP has it's own facebook profile page, just search Linux Game Publishing on facebook and join the club.

I will try to ask him to update the blog when he have time (when he has time - it could be a problem as I'm still waiting for our 2009 interview replies from him...when he have time that is).

Beans

Well i thought when you said updating his facebook everyday you meant LGP stuff.

How do you know they are still working or doing anything since he doesn't post about it on his fb, no ones updates the blog, website or the facebook group?

Beans

Well...If there are no real news to post about - why post them ? just to say "we are still in biz" ?

There is the IRC channel (LGP at freenodes) , Michael (lgp_michael) sometimes answers questions there, and the community manager Zero_Dogg also available.

You can join in and ask them yourself.

P.S
    They won't reveal their "in development" porting projects other then what was already told. (see the upcoming section at the tuxgames website, some of the titles are from LGP, others might never see the light of day).

Beans
    Hidden!

Smile Re: Linux game publishing...anyone know what's going on?

As MaximB has written, LGP is far from dead. We have several ports already underway and we are in talks about several more. I realize our blog has been a bit quiet lately, but that has been at least partially caused by us being busy :). I'll try to get something up there soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, PM me, join our IRC channel (#lgp on irc.freenode.net) or e-mail me directly: eskild at linuxgamepublishing dot com, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers,
    Eskild Hustvedt (Zero_Dogg)
    Community manager, Linux Game Publishing

Beans

Thanks for the replies.

@MaximB - Maybe not port release news but the blog was there for a reason i thought, not even seen a general rambling. That is what i mean, pure silence, don't get me wrong news for the sake of news is pointless, but an update on something would have still been good.

Didn't know about the IRC channel and i don't use it anyway.

As for tuxgames, all but 1 was taken out of their list and that has been there for as long as i can remember, plus it's not LGP doing that port.

@Zero_Dogg
    Thanks for the official reply, that was all i wanted just something .
    I will send all further stupid questions to your email or PM box, thanks.
    Last edited by ELD; March 22nd, 2010 at 11:32 PM.