Thread: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Li 3710 and Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Li 3710 and Ubuntu 10.04

Hello, Humans ^_^ ..
    So for the sake of the improvement of Ubuntu i'd like to tell you about its compatibility with my laptop.

1. The first problem I had with some Lucid, that I upgraded on 17th or 18th of March (before I had 9.10 and I wanted to try out 10.04).. so I upgraded and the first thing i noticed is that the network-manager doesn't work properly - the first time it started and it gave some error, i wanted to troubleshoot, but since i had no connection to the internet, I couldn't do it.

2. The second one is one i had sine 9.04, along with 9.10 - gnome-power-manager never worked for me - it didn't detect if I'm on cable or on battery,
    a) and the subproblem - the brightness - i can't adjust it - increase/decrease in ANY way.

-=-=-=-

I just wanted to write this, so hopefully someone that is part of the development team sees it and hopefully takes it mind, because there are other users having the same machine as me.

^_^

Best regards!

Beans

Re: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Li 3710 and Ubuntu 10.04

as i understood the brightness, power issue isan acpi issue and the developers are not going to fix this issue..

Beans

Re: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Li 3710 and Ubuntu 10.04

Hello,

Any updates on this subject?

Thanks.