Thread: my warning

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

my warning

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907
    Dear Post Monkeh,

You have received a warning at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason:
    -------
    Insulted Other Member(s)

From the code of conduct:

Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
    -------

Original Post:
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9004785
    Quote Originally Posted by djmh View Post
    well, i really dont have 699 dollars for indesign ....
    get a job then ffs!
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums

original post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1435417

i mean come on, seriously, it's quite obviously a joke based on the fact someone wanted the OP to pay $700 for software to do a resume despite him obviously needing to do his resume because he doesn't have a job!

Beans

Re: my warning

Your post was reported by other members then clearly it was not coming across as a joke. It should not have been posted . I agree with the post being removed to the jail and the issuing of a warning.

I will also remind you of this clause from our code of conduct...

" Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention."
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

christ on a bike, when did the world lose its sense of humour lol.

i feel sorry for whoever reported that post, if they seriously couldn't see how it was poking fun at the fact someone wanted a jobless man to spend $700 on a piece of software just to whip up a resume, then they really mustn't get out much.

Beans

I have issued an infraction for the above. I suggest you take more care and thought before you post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

which exact rule was broken in the above post? it was a simple observation that someone failing to see the humour in a jobless man being asked to spend a vast amount of money to design a CV when the same job could easily ve done on free software obviously doesn't have a great deal of life experience. the only way that could possibly be considered an insult is if it were true, and the person involved was ashamed of it (which they shouldn't be, they should just make a point of broadening their horizons so they can understand when someone is making a humourous comment)

Beans

The rule has already been quoted to you .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

since when was expressing an opinion an insult?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

for instance, is me calling you a newzealander an insult? i'm actually curious here, i fail to see how i've insulted anyone.

Beans

Your tone in post #3 was agressive, rude and was insulting to whom ever reported the post you received the warning for.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

well that's a matter of opinion.

i would say it was simply an observation based on the fact that someone could be offended by something that to anyone (well anyone with *censored for fear of insulting whoever can't see the humour*), was obviously nothing but a humourous response to the suggestion of someone with no job spending $700 on a massively over qualified program to make a simple CV.
    in MY opinion, if someone was genuinely offended by that then, in MY experience they won't last long in the real world. that isn't an insult, that is a personal view on an area where they could potentially fail if they meet a real person. but sure in the real world they can click the big report post button if anyone hurts their feelings with an innocuous comment.

ohh....

anyway, i can see that there's no point in arguing, if people want to be wrapped in cotton wool then that's up to you, i'll just keep laughing that someone gets offended at something like that.
    as long as that's not against any rules of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast