Thread: sony vaio cw brightness issues

Beans

sony vaio cw brightness issues

Hello,

I am having problems with the brightness control on my sony vaio laptop, at first when i upgraded the driver for the VGA card the whole screen went blank, I had to port a bin file from windows and write my own EDID file to get it to work (nVidia GT 230M), but I am having problems with the brightness, although ubuntu does read the input from the keys (FN+...) (which it stopped doing lately for some reason), the brightness refuses to change, adding the brightness applet to the taskbar does not work either. I really need to be able to change my brightness because the battery usage is off the charts. I appreciate any help I can get with this. I am using Ubuntu 9.10 - Karmic Koala. I have looked up previous posts about this and found one that contained no answer.

Thank you,
    Mario.

Beans

Re: sony vaio cw brightness issues

Hi, did you solve the problem yet ?? I also have a Vaio CW and you can find my string here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1956901

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: sony vaio cw brightness issues

The OP has not logged in for 15 months+.

Old thread closed.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.