Thread: How can I upgrade to 10.4 desktop to help for testing it

Beans

How can I upgrade to 10.4 desktop to help for testing it

I am using 9.10 desktop I want to participated to testing to 10.4, how can I upgrade to it, then report to the bugs ubuntu ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: How can I upgrade to 10.4 desktop to help for testing it

update-manager -d should show the new version.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hoboy View Post
    I am using 9.10 desktop I want to participated to testing to 10.4, how can I upgrade to it, then report to the bugs ubuntu ?
    Well, the first thing you need to do is find the correct forum for your question ...

If you're going to do 10.04 testing, go to the Development forum and look for the Lucid Lynx Testing subforum.

Second, you do realize that Lucid only just entered beta, right? Meaning it's still unstable. As a matter of fact, if you visit the subforum I mentioned, you will see a thread advising AGAINST installing the beta1 right now due to problems.
    Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17; MS Win 8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

sudo sed -i 's/karmic/lucid/g' /etc/apt/sources.list && sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude dist-upgrade

This is for karmic to lucid.

As said before, use lucid as second system. Is nice to bug report and fun for me on dailys to see whats up next.
    And what is down.

I would say if you are stable keep it that way and make a new partition of say 10 gig or so and stick lucid in there.
    Do not need a lot of home. I keep maybe fifty documents and 10 albums of music and 2 gig of downloads and I am at
    7.4 gig of lucid right now. My downloads are a few .iso's that I made Live USB's with do not really need to keep them but
    have room. Have a Live USB around they are much faster to work with. If will not boot into a USB then of course Live CD.
    That is just recommended by personal opinion. But if you know your way around a Live CD and you want to fly by the seat of
    your pants and use Lucid as your main OS then have at it. Enjoy hoboy.
    Last edited by garvinrick4; March 21st, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
    Remember hence where you come and pass it down.
    Ubuntu Forums member #899097 and Ubuntu Member:
    http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html
    Main Page -