Re: Take the Linux Tech Survey (Podcast #3)
1. When was the first time you actually heard of this thing called Linux?
2. Do you or have you ever used Linux?
If yes, for how long?
15 years now.
3. What was the first Linux distro you used?
4. How was your first time Linux experience?
5. Do you agree that Linux can efficiently do all the daily computing tasks that an average user would do?
6. What's your favorite Gnome Linux distro and why?
Ubuntu. Dell sells Laptops with it Installed, It works Great and it doesn't Look like Window$.
7. What's your favorite KDE Linux distro and why?
Puppy. It's Small & Fast.
8. What Linux desktop environment do you like?
9. Linux is for a. Pros b. Noobs c. Both
10. what are some of the things that Linux gives you that other OS's don't?
Free Software (but I do Donate) Freedom from Malware, No defraging, Multi-O.S. on same machine and it's just Cool!
11. What is/are some of your favorite Linux application(s)?
The ones I use daily are; Bible Times, Gimp, QCad, OpenOffice, Firefox & Inkscape.
12. What are some of the things you would like to see improved in Linux?
'Native' (built in) W.I.N.E. support, Commercials on TV promoting Ubuntu that would be paid for by Donations!
13. If those things are fixed, would you switch to Linux (assuming you don't use Linux as your primary OS)?
I'm an "Ubuntu for Life User"!
Last edited by Ichido; March 25th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
Reason: added info
The Truly Educated Never Graduate!
One Desktop & Two Dell 1525n Laptops - Multi-boot Xubuntu 11.11 & others.
Don't Fear the Penguin!
Registered Linux User #507530 & Ubuntu User # 30733