Thread: WIll you share your xorg.conf files please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

WIll you share your xorg.conf files please?

Hi,
    I have been using Ubuntu for over 2 years now and the only thing that I could not get to work properly is the video performance.

The issue is that when I play any video using vlc,totem or mplayer I get strange horizontal white lines(king of watery effect to them)about an inch from the top of the screen.

So I am requesting all people here using the same combination as me i.e Ubuntu 9.10 amd64 + Acer AL1916W + ATI Radeon x1250 with built-in drivers, and are satisfied with their video output, to post their xorg.conf files here so that I can try them.

Thanks!!
    Debian 6.0.1(Squeeze)/64bit
    MSI K9AGM4-L | AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ | 2x1GB DDR2 800MHZ(Transcend) | ATI Radeon Xpress 1250(Onboard) | Seagate 250GB SATA II | Acer AL1916W

Beans

Re: WIll you share your xorg.conf files please?

Hello BugBuster.
    I am relatively new user to ubuntu when compared to you.
    I just want to know what xorg.conf is.
    If you can let me know what it means and where I can find it then I might be help your cause.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I have a pretty rough guide on tailoring xorg.conf here. Are you using the proprietary ATI drivers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by sam.reader View Post
    Hello BugBuster.
    I just want to know what xorg.conf is.
    Code:
    $man xorg.conf

Thank you all for the replies..however after using trial and error method for quite a few times over 2 years or so, I am in no mood for any more experimenting for this issue as of now. Hopefully I will get better results with 10.04 LTS **fingers crossed**

So I basically want to use someone else's xorg.conf file having the same set of video hardware and see if it works.

Thanks..
    Debian 6.0.1(Squeeze)/64bit
    MSI K9AGM4-L | AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ | 2x1GB DDR2 800MHZ(Transcend) | ATI Radeon Xpress 1250(Onboard) | Seagate 250GB SATA II | Acer AL1916W