Thread: 6 monitors using Nvidia-settings

Beans

6 monitors using Nvidia-settings

I am working on a project for my class and i need to get 6 monitors working. I am currently using Ubuntu version 8.04 and I have 3 Nvidia cards; 2 N8400 and 1 NVS 290. I have confirmed that all three video cards work and the computer recognizes all three of them when they are in. When I use Nvidia-settings it only allows me to use 4 screens. I tried changing the xorg.conf file myself and adding 2 extra screens but it still does not work, only 4 screens show up. I am not sure how to get the last 2 screens working and I have been searching all over the internet to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: 6 monitors using Nvidia-settings

There's this guy on youtube with that setup working on 9.04 if you could contact him maybe it'll be some help.
    [Ubuntu 13.10x64/Win8]HP Pavilion dv6, Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 350 (@ 2.27GHz × 4), Intel Ironlake Mobile, 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM
    [Ubuntu 13.10 x64/Win7] Intel Core2 6300 1.86Ghz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2GB, 250GB + 2TB HDD, 4GB RAM

Beans

Re: 6 monitors using Nvidia-settings

Yea I did see that when I was browsing the internet but It's not really what I want to do. He's using a different setup than what I wanted. I don't understand why it wont work if I just manually change the xorg.conf file but it doesn't for some reason. I've tried to find out if Nvidia-settings has some sort of maximum but I can't find that out either. Right now it seems to be 4.