Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: players can't play .avi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: players can't play .avi

Quote Originally Posted by goustaroubunta View Post
    omfg you are right. i can't believe i'm such a noob. f$&k.

though it is my first time i see those idiotic videos> http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/144/wtfffl.png

i uploaded the pic so that people with experience like you could see it and say whether they've seen something like that.

how the hell do they make it be 700mb ?
    lolz.

note for dumbass (me): i should have noticed the complete absence of comments about that torrent x]
    *facepalm*
    haha, yup.

Fake video uploads have plagued torrent sites recently. I have no idea why. It's almost impossible to keep up with them.

There are literally dozens of torrents for a 2010 movie called Frozen online right now, and EVERY SINGLE ONE I've tried has been fake. EVERY. ONE.

So irritating.

Beans

I'm 99.9% sure my answer is correct.
    That sounds pretty right, have never seen that displayed message before from any linux player - (not big on dl'ed video

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you look at that video its only 19 secs long. That is a fake bud. You may also notice that the size is very small for what is supposed to be a full movie. I think you need to look into better sources.
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
    RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB ( 2 X 2GB )1333MHz DDR3
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
    Mobo: XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
    If you look at that video its only 19 secs long. That is a fake bud. You may also notice that the size is very small for what is supposed to be a full movie. I think you need to look into better sources.
    Nah, a lot of the new warez videos are actually 700 meg, which fools people even more easily.

There are a lot of techniques one can use to make a video file 700 meg; encoding the audio or video at an appallingly high bitrate and limiting the filesize to exactly 700 megs will do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by hxcobd View Post
    Check the ratings on the torrent, if there are any.
    [...]
    Trust me, it's a fake upload..
    absolutely mate. is this a new trend? i haven't downloaded torrents for 2 weeks and there are new dumb shite going on in the "industry"..

(btw is it "there are new dumb shite" or "there is new dumb shite"?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

absolutely mate. is this a new trend? i haven't downloaded torrents for 2 weeks and there are new dumb shite going on in the "industry"..

(btw is it "there are new dumb shite" or "there is new dumb shite"?)
    ("there is new dumb ****" would be correct.)

Yeah, it seems to be a new trend. There's a theory that it's a new way to combat piracy; by uploading dozens of fake videos, people just get discouraged and stop trying to download the movie in question at all.

Saves time on trying to come up with copyright protection/DRM. It'd actually be kind of brilliant if that's what they were doing.

Beans
    Distro

haha, yup.

Fake video uploads have plagued torrent sites recently. I have no idea why. It's almost impossible to keep up with them.

There are literally dozens of torrents for a 2010 movie called Frozen online right now, and EVERY SINGLE ONE I've tried has been fake. EVERY. ONE.

So irritating.
    that's a relief. i used to make fun of my friends not recognizing fakes. and now i got the bait and i felt like a r#t@rd.
    wtf we should make a blacklist for this rubbish.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

that's a relief. i used to make fun of my friends not recognizing fakes. and now i got the bait and i felt like a r#t@rd.
    wtf we should make a blacklist for this rubbish.
    I considered doing such a thing, but after seeing the sheer NUMBER of fake torrents for any given movie, it'd be futile.

The best thing to do is just make an account on your favorite torrent site, and if you download a fake movie, make sure you click the site's "downrank" button so other people know it's fake too.

Beans
    Distro

("there is new dumb ****" would be correct.)

Yeah, it seems to be a new trend. There's a theory that it's a new way to combat piracy; by uploading dozens of fake videos, people just get discouraged and stop trying to download the movie in question at all.

Saves time on trying to come up with copyright protection/DRM. It'd actually be kind of brilliant if that's what they were doing.
    if they are investing on that new defence, they should make many fake profiles on torrent sites and comment "dharmasdad: great copy thanks", "AmEzAR: Badasss moviee", "Trindade: Great quality thanks" and such.
    i am downloading that movie from a new torrent. i sure hope those aren't fake comments !

oh and thanx for the help bro, keep it up. *thumb up*
    Last edited by goustaroubunta; March 18th, 2010 at 02:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Don't give them any ideas!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast