Thread: After Reinstalling windows how 2 boot ubuntu i.e installed via Wubi perviously on win

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Angry After Reinstalling windows how 2 boot ubuntu i.e installed via Wubi perviously on win

I love UBUNTU....i dont wanna lose it...

After Reinstalling windows how 2 boot ubuntu i.e installed via Wubi perviously on windows 7.

I am running Ubuntu 9.10 on my Laptop, where it installed via Wubi on Windows 7.

[windows 7 (Cand ubuntu on the different drive(U(NTFS)*its not a dual boot as installed via wubi].

For some reason My Windows needs a reinstall but in this case i think i will also lost ubuntu because its installed via Wubi.

Part 1 -
    ****I need to back up all the data that is installed in ubuntu i.e. SMplayer,Graphical GTK theme,Compiz,Emerald. and its setting,means the whole ubuntu system. So that after installing windows and ubuntu as a dual boot (not wubi again)i do not need to configure and install the whole ubuntu data/software again. Its pain for me to downlad again and again the data for ubuntu [Coz low speed connection ]

Part 2 -
    ****if it is possible that after Reinstalling windows i can boot into ubuntu that is previously installed via Wubi on different drive that please tell me, how could i do that.
    ****if it is not possible than please show me the way to do backup all the data,software,plugin that is downloaded.etc.

I need to back up the whole Ubuntu because after installing windows i am goin 2 format the ubuntu drive and make it to Ext4 that is currently NTFS and then i will install the Fresh 9.10 on that.
    Last edited by piyushchandrakar; March 17th, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Beans

Re: After Reinstalling windows how 2 boot ubuntu i.e installed via Wubi perviously on

I am searching for the exact same thing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: After Reinstalling windows how 2 boot ubuntu i.e installed via Wubi perviously on

You can't reuse a previously installed Wubi setup because it is installed just like any other MS Windows app.

When you reinstall MS Windows, you wipe out ALL the registry entries -- including those created when you first installed Wubi.

You would have to reinstall Wubi to get it to work.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.