Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to connect to Wired Network

Beans

Re: Unable to connect to Wired Network

But still I need your help

As i told you while messing around I inadvertently deleted dual boot setup for Microsoft Windows ....

Well any ways i am not a fan of Windows and now would like to remove it all the way completely ...

But i also see that while installing kubuntu I manually did partitioning and left some portion of hard drive thinking that was for Windows ...

So Where am i now ?

Could you tell how to have a look into my hard disk and also needs your guidance to make the whole disk for Kubuntu ...

But in my mind I also wish to install a Virtual PC for Windows but i guess that is something different than having a dual boot machine .

So please guide me How to proceed since I am bit scared this time to mess up myself again

Beans

But still I need your help

As i told you while messing around I inadvertently deleted dual boot setup for Microsoft Windows ....

Well any ways i am not a fan of Windows and now would like to remove it all the way completely ...

But i also see that while installing kubuntu I manually did partitioning and left some portion of hard drive thinking that was for Windows ...

So Where am i now ?

Could you tell how to have a look into my hard disk and also needs your guidance to make the whole disk for Kubuntu ...

But in my mind I also wish to install a Virtual PC for Windows but i guess that is something different than having a dual boot machine .

So please guide me How to proceed since I am bit scared this time to mess up myself again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This is a question for General Help. Generally, the process is to run fdisk to identify which partition is which with the P command (print, don't change). Then, you should see Linux filesystems, swap and, I assume, NTFS or some such that is easily identifiable as Windows. Make note of the partition you want to delete, /dev/sda5, for example.

Then use a live CD and Gparted to delete the partition you want to omit and stretch another to fill the empty space. They need to be adjacent if I remember correctly.

Unless you love chaos and disaster, never fool with partitioning on a mounted, running partition.

The geeks over on General Help can fill in the blanks.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12