Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing Facebook Photo Plug-In (FacebookPlugIn-1.0.3.tar.gz)

Beans

Re: Installing Facebook Photo Plug-In (FacebookPlugIn-1.0.3.tar.gz)

Quote Originally Posted by overlord.gaurav View Post
    Copy the downloaded file(FacebookPlugIn-1.0.3.tar.gz) to Documents folder and to the steps mentioned in my previous post.

Even when you insatll the plug-in it will not work. Look at the discussion here.

*Edit: Aah, you beat me to it.
    Anyway, you're welcome.

PS: I also looked for v1.0.1, it can be downloaded from here.
    You can install this plug-in but it doesn't help either. Facebook says you have to update or use the simple photo uploader.
    Probably all we can do is wait for a fix.

Darn facebook. I am using ubuntu 9.10 but according to nevabry (quoted from january 20th) the advanced photo uploader "worked fine before my Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04, and now it doesnt." He/She is refering to "FacebookPlugIn-1.0.0.tar.gz" but I still might try installing an earler version of unbuntu tommorrow to see if the new facebook advanced uploader is compatible with it....that is if my patience is restored by tommorow... I've had enough of this for one day. Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn7 View Post
    Darn facebook. I am using ubuntu 9.10 but according to nevabry (quoted from january 20th) the advanced photo uploader "worked fine before my Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04, and now it doesnt." He/She is refering to "FacebookPlugIn-1.0.0.tar.gz" but I still might try installing an earler version of unbuntu tommorrow to see if the new facebook advanced uploader is compatible with it....that is if my patience is restored by tommorow... I've had enough of this for one day. Thanks again.
    I don't think going back to a previous version of ubuntu will help because Facebook will ask you to install its latest plug-in..which isn't working.
    Do inform us if you get it to work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

In case it is of any use: the Shotwell photo manager was updated recently, and has support for uploading to facebook (f-spot does not work for me)
    Combinatorial graphs using LaTeX: http://graphtheoryinlatex.blogspot.com

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2009 View Post
    the facebook plugin is allready pre-installed you just have to enable it in F-Spot, to do this open f-spot,

click on "edit" from the menu bar
    select "manage extensions"
    expend the "export" option
    enable the facebook plugin

you can then simply ctrl-click multiple images then select "photo" from the menu bar and then "export to" > "Facebook"
    worked for me, thnx.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2009 View Post
    the facebook plugin is allready pre-installed you just have to enable it in F-Spot, to do this open f-spot,

click on "edit" from the menu bar
    select "manage extensions"
    expend the "export" option
    enable the facebook plugin

you can then simply ctrl-click multiple images then select "photo" from the menu bar and then "export to" > "Facebook"
    Yes, thank-you. This does work for me as well. Now I am able to upload multiple photos to facebook from my computer. However I am still not able to post multiple photos in one post. I guess I will have to wait for a facebook fix on this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

FireUploader is a useful plugin for Firefox to help you achieve similar things. Its interface is very like FireFTP (same people?).

Beans

Is there a fix for this yet? F-Spot does not work for me, it freezes when logging in... I posted a thread on it but got no feedback. Hope someone posts here when the plugin is fixed for us...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sevenX View Post
    Is there a fix for this yet? F-Spot does not work for me, it freezes when logging in... I posted a thread on it but got no feedback. Hope someone posts here when the plugin is fixed for us...
    It is not going to get fixed in 9.10 most likely, you might want to try it in 10.04 (see if it works with beta2 live)
    Support 7z in default installs!!!: Click Here

How to use code blocks to post command output: Click Here
    Official Ubuntu Documentation

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sevenX View Post
    Have you tried using F-spot or FireUploader?

F-Spot: Open F-spot (should already be installed) > Go to edit> select "manage extensions"> export> enable facebook plugin> then select photos (ctrl-click for multiple photos)> select "photo" from the menu bar> "export to" > facebook.

FireUploader: Go to Tools>Add-ons>Get Add-ons> then search for fireuploader. Or just go to www.fireuploader.com and download the plugin.

Someone has also suggested the shotwell photo uploader and the bloom photo uploader, but I have not tried either.

Shotwell : (not sure of address)
    Bloom: http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...?id=2330519541

Beans

It's pretty disappointing that Facebook hasn't gotten their sh*t together regarding this plugin. Ultimately, I had to resort to using F-spot in order to batch-upload my photos. I didn't have any problems doing it this way though, and I'll probably continue to do so in the future. I hadn't had any experience with the program before today, but the functionality is pretty good. It certainly beats having to upload only four pictures at a time via the Facebook website. Thanks for the info guys! It's certainly helped me out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123