Thread: Ut 2003

Beans

Ut 2003

I know its an old game, bu I found it in an old stack and researched how to install it on Linux. I follow all the advice, but I have one problem, as soon as I type anything in the dialog (example, where to install the game to), the install button greys out... a screenshot link is provided below (yes, I realize this is the GNOME support area, but games are games, and KDE gaming area isn't as alive as this one).

Any help is much appreciated!

Beans

Re: Ut 2003

Try installing it at: /usr/local/games/ut2003

Beans

I can type in installation paths and all that, and after waiting 20 minutes the license agreement comes on and allows me to begin. Paths aren't the problem, I think the script is buggish. After it started installing, it asks for me to insert CD 1 after about a 10 minute freeze, and it hasn't moved since. I've been looking or other ways to install it, but I can't find any.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by qalimas
    After it started installing, it asks for me to insert CD 1 after about a 10 minute freeze,
    There is a typo in the installer. when it asks for CD1 just put in CD2.

Beans

Ok, I'll remember that, can you tell me why the installer freezes up for 20 minutes at a time though?

Beans

Ok, I think I have an idea, is there a way to upgrade an installed demo to the full version?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by qalimas
    Ok, I think I have an idea, is there a way to upgrade an installed demo to the full version?
    No. You need the retail version with the CD's and a valid CDkey found in the back of the ut2003 book.

Beans

I have a retail version, handbook, CDs, box, everything. I bought it a few years back. What I guess I mean is, is there a way to copy all the files from CD to the demo install's folder then activate with my cdkey? Or a way to convert a full Windows install to a Linux one? I'll get it all worked out tomorrow I suppose, it might be a problem with Ubuntu specifically, maybe installing it on Fedora Core then moving it over might work.

Thanks for all your answers, really appreciate the help

mrpixels0 Guest

no, you have to uninstal the demo completly and install clean with a retail version of the software, then go to epics website and DL the last offical patch for the game.

then you should be good to go. that is what i had to do with UT2003 and 2004.

MP0

Beans

If you really need a fix, you could install it via Cedega. I know its a cop out but I had to do it for Quake 3 (a lan was callin')
    Software is like sex, it's better when it's free.
    Registered Linux User#404601 - Registered Ubuntu User #3941
    Fedora Ambassador & Marketing Team Member - FAS - blog