Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470

Beans

Re: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470

The anticipated support for mobility HD 5xxx in 10.3 never happened for Linux, though it was added for the windows drivers for some reason... I guess "Advanced Turd Implementations" is laying that over for 10.4

Either way, this doc will work with 10.3 the same exact way. You will need to patch the watermark.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by timuckun View Post
    Where did you find the ati mobility radeon 5470 drivers? They only list the 4000 series under mobility section.
    You can't. You need to download the one listed for mobiity HD 4000 and install it. If you follow the steps exactly, it should work and you will end up with a watermark that can be patched out.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crypto2600 View Post
    You can't. You need to download the one listed for mobiity HD 4000 and install it. If you follow the steps exactly, it should work and you will end up with a watermark that can be patched out.
    I installed the open sourced drivers and they mostly work. I can't get the equivalent of "twinview" for some reason.

The worst thing about the open sourced drivers is the need to reboot your machine every time you make a change to the config and the requirement to run the config tool as root.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by timuckun View Post
    I installed the open sourced drivers and they mostly work. I can't get the equivalent of "twinview" for some reason.

The worst thing about the open sourced drivers is the need to reboot your machine every time you make a change to the config and the requirement to run the config tool as root.
    Best support for Xinerama will be with the proprietary drivers. just install them and you'll be good to go.

Beans

I use Lucid and Catalyst 10.3. It thinks my Mobility Radeon HD 5470 has 128MB of RAM instead of 1024MB. Is this just because this hardware is not supported yet?

Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kocka View Post
    I use Lucid and Catalyst 10.3. It thinks my Mobility Radeon HD 5470 has 128MB of RAM instead of 1024MB. Is this just because this hardware is not supported yet?

Thanks!
    Who knows? Though i would suspect the unsupported device issue is part of it.

Beans

hi!

I have the same laptop, as crypto2600, but nothing shows up int jockey. if I open the program in administration which showed on my old laptop some unsupported hardwares, doesnt show anything either.
    Any ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vujmar View Post
    hi!

I have the same laptop, as crypto2600, but nothing shows up int jockey. if I open the program in administration which showed on my old laptop some unsupported hardwares, doesnt show anything either.
    Any ideas?
    This is still the case after you install 10.1 or 10.3? Try:

Code:
    sudo update-pciids

Beans

Thanks for the answer, I repeated a few steps, now it works correctly, but I have the same 128 mb issue as someone in a previous message :S
    Anyway, my main problem was the resolution, now it's solved.
    Thanks for the solution, best regards

Beans

it's is working on ubuntu karmic edition but after do some update...
    but unfortunately it's not working on ubuntu 10.04 LTS version

Any idea ? please help

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast