Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470

Quote Originally Posted by timpaton View Post
    No such luck here.
    Try booting in the recovery mode an run the following commands (try the first one then restart if it works, good, no need to run the second one! if not try the second one, restart, if still not working, read the links provided as *this*):
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    or
    dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
    Some additional information can be found here

READTHIS-> this and this or this maybe it will solve the problem.

From my personal experience what I can tell is that I have this graphics card and I'm using the ATI proprietary drivers, but I don't have any problem whatsoever using it on a Acer Aspire 5741G
    Last edited by Wistful; August 17th, 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi i'm new on Linux.
    i bought ASUS A42JR i5 ATI HD 5470 ...
    I'm download ati catalyst 10.5 for linux from here, on release note its support series 5400(include 5470). see ss

succesfully install this ati catalyst, on catalyst control center its detected, but ubuntu vga still no driver.
    and windows effect disable, its mean driver not succesfully installed ?

i have message on windows effect about x configuration.
    what the "x configuration" ?
    i'm use KDE

sorry i'm fresh on linux.
    Last edited by coliv_aja; June 14th, 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Beans

Coliv, is there a particular reason why you manually downloaded the driver?

If you go to 'system' 'administration' 'drivers', Ubuntu should automatically suggest the drivers for the HD5470, and when you hit 'activate' the driver should be automatically downloaded, installed and configured for you. This way, there is little you can do wrong, if you manually install the driver, the odds you accidentally mess something up are greater.

For the record, I have an H5470 too, and I have no problems at all with it. I installed the drivers using the method described above.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elkimo View Post

For the record, I have an H5470 too, and I have no problems at all with it. I installed the drivers using the method described above.
    Does that driver update itself automatically and is there a way to check the version of it?

I notice that the ATI site has a driver date of 6/16/10 and so it's very new. I hope ubuntu updates their drivers because I have been having some problems with my mobility radeon 5470. I would also like a decent way to display two different resolutions on two different monitors and be able to move windows from one to the other.

Beans

I'm not 100% sure about it, but I don't think those drivers are updated, since drivers are a very essential part of your operating system, and they (ubuntu) don't want to risk regressions by updating them. The latest drivers will probably only be added to the next version of Ubuntu.

The version of you driver you can check by going to 'system' 'preferences' 'ATI Catalyst Control Center', and then go to the section 'information'.

About dualscreens, I personally haven't had much luck with setting mine up, but I'm hardly an expert. I'm relatively new to Ubuntu myself, so I can't really help you with that.

Beans

The version of you driver you can check by going to 'system' 'preferences' 'ATI Catalyst Control Center', and then go to the section 'information'.
    I don't think they use the same versioning standard. The ATI web site says they are at 10.6. ATI catalyst I have says 8.73.

That's very far behind considering this is lucid.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you go to 'system' 'administration' 'drivers', Ubuntu should automatically suggest the drivers for the HD5470, and when you hit 'activate' the driver should be automatically downloaded, installed and configured for you. This way, there is little you can do wrong, if you manually install the driver, the odds you accidentally mess something up are greater.

First, i'm installed Kubuntu, there's not available hardware administration like ubuntu(gnome). so i don't know what can i do to get driver, so i'm going to ati web and i get that's driver latest ati catalyst with support hd 5470, so i'm installed that.
    and so far so good its not problem with this, its propriethy driver right?, and its like ubuntu do, ubuntu automatically install pr0priethy driver, but wrong version of will you get,.
    if you install driver automatically you get HD 5000 version riht ?
    but i have been installed the latest ati catalyst, its hd 5400, maybe some feature will not work, because basically that ubuntu automatically install propriethy driver not yet supported hd 5470, maybe next ubuntu version have the new driver. i think maybe ubuntu developer throught hd 5000 have similar hardware with 5470.

conclusions, ubuntu hardware administration do same propriethy driver from ati also. just different version,
    and so far so good, no problemo
    Last edited by coliv_aja; June 18th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by timuckun View Post
    I don't think they use the same versioning standard. The ATI web site says they are at 10.6. ATI catalyst I have says 8.73.

no, its different ati catalyst version with driver version. ati catalyst version just version of ati driver suite, not different what version tou have, there same driver for certain driver.
    new version of ati catalyst just added new product of them. so inside ati catalyst have same driver of certain product.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey any body have asus a42jr like me, i cant't hear sound with output jack,
    i'm just can used internal speaker. its bad, couse my internal speaker not good.
    what can i do for fix its,
    please help me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by timuckun View Post

Catalyst 10-6 = 8.741
    What would happen if your hard disk died right now?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast