Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucid does not support Poulsbo at all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Lucid does not support Poulsbo at all

If it is helpful...Jolicloud (based on Jaunty) has full support for Poulsbo.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Seems mandriva 2010 (and 2010.1 which is currently in development) have out the box support for poulsbo so looks like that might be the best option at the moment.

Beans

Jolicloud is pretty good.... but they need to make it far more stable than what it is... also, someone needs to create a common driver from the IEGD driver and perhaps the UNR team should consult and work with the Jolicloud developers to come up with a common fix for this problem... and yeah... I am never buying another Intel product... The computer I'm buying for college for next fall will use an AMD Phenom x4 at a bare minimum...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Jolicloud works on my Aspire One AO751h out of the box, surely Lucid could do the same given that Jolicloud is a Ubuntu derived distro.
    PendragonUK
    Middle aged geek, Clan Admin, PC-gamer, Freelance-nerd.
    Twitter / Google+

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by PendragonUK View Post
    Jolicloud works on my Aspire One AO751h out of the box, surely Lucid could do the same given that Jolicloud is a Ubuntu derived distro.
    Can you post the output of the following commands to verify your version of xorg:

dpkg -l | grep "xserver-xorg-core"

EDIT: Never mind. I've run Jolicloud from a usb stick, and the result is - 1.6.0. Do you know of any distro that supports the combination of 1.7.x and gma500?
    Last edited by mikewhatever; April 15th, 2010 at 02:21 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by penguin10916 View Post
    Jolicloud is pretty good.... but they need to make it far more stable than what it is... also, someone needs to create a common driver from the IEGD driver and perhaps the UNR team should consult and work with the Jolicloud developers to come up with a common fix for this problem... and yeah... I am never buying another Intel product... The computer I'm buying for college for next fall will use an AMD Phenom x4 at a bare minimum...
    Jolicloud is nice and GMA500 woks pretty well, but it's ****ing unstable !
    so far it can't be a realistic substitute for ubuntu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12