Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presonus AUDIOBOX USB

Beans

Question Presonus AUDIOBOX USB

Hi all!!!! I'm a new memeber here, i'm from Italy and.... sorry for my english!!!
    I would like to buy the presonus audiobox usb for home recording but i don't know if is totally compatible with ubuntu!!! I use a 64bit OS...
    have you got more informations about compatibility???? Do you already use this hardware??
    Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
    Jacopo
    Last edited by Raul_Paddy; March 13th, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Beans

Re: Presonus AUDIOBOX USB

... please.. help me...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Raul_Paddy View Post
    Hi all!!!! I'm a new memeber here, i'm from Italy and.... sorry for my english!!!
    I would like to buy the presonus audiobox usb for home recording but i don't know if is totally compatible with ubuntu!!! I use a 64bit OS...
    have you got more informations about compatibility???? Do you already use this hardware??
    Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
    Jacopo
    I'm working on setting it up now in ArtistX 0.8 which is ubuntu based. It is reconized in ubuntu properly but I am having a bit of trouble getting clean sound out of it, the audio just crackles a lot, but I just got it today and plan on working on it more. I think it's just a wrong setting somewhere. In windows it sounds very good but the driver isn't very stable, I've already had to reinstall it once after I tried the ArtistX live cd. If you are using a desktop for recording I would recommend getting a M-Audio delta 1010LT for a few dollars more because I have that on another machine running ubuntu studio and it works flawlessly and gives you 10 inputs and 10 outputs. I'll report back if I get the audiobox working right and tell everyone how I did it since there is no mention of it anywhere on the web which is weird.

Beans

I do have a newb question for the other guys. If ubuntu has the full name and model of a USB device does that mean it's at least partially supported or is it just read from the device? Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by lessonz101 View Post
    I'm working on setting it up now in ArtistX 0.8 which is ubuntu based. It is reconized in ubuntu properly but I am having a bit of trouble getting clean sound out of it, the audio just crackles a lot, but I just got it today and plan on working on it more. I think it's just a wrong setting somewhere. In windows it sounds very good but the driver isn't very stable, I've already had to reinstall it once after I tried the ArtistX live cd. If you are using a desktop for recording I would recommend getting a M-Audio delta 1010LT for a few dollars more because I have that on another machine running ubuntu studio and it works flawlessly and gives you 10 inputs and 10 outputs. I'll report back if I get the audiobox working right and tell everyone how I did it since there is no mention of it anywhere on the web which is weird.
    UPDATE requested...Is it working?
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    Dual Core T4300, Intel GM4500
    Triple Boot: Ubuntu Studio, OSX, Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

In French:
    http://tuxicoman.jesuislibre.net/200...sur-linux.html
    It seems to work for many people but with issues. I would recommend buying a supported device instead.
    http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku....ecommendations

Beans

I know this is a bit late, but I can confirm it works for me in Ubuntu 10.04. I was afraid to install Ubuntu because I already had the interface and didn't know if it would work, but gave it a shot anyway. Been recording via jack and ardour without problem for the past few months!

I'm using an HP Pavilion dv6-3019wm laptop, by the way. Only running 10.04, no dual-boot or anything like that.

Beans

Been recording via jack and ardour without problem for the past few months!
    I just picked up this unit a day or two ago, did you have to do anything special?

I'm trying to learn Jack (so maybe that might be a good start for me) and everything associated with recording in Linux, since it's my preferred OS.

Beans

Hi,

Would you be able to help with the correct Jack and Ardour configuration/setup?

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Ubuntu Studio identifies and enables the Presonus Audiobox with no special configuring. Sorry I can't help with Ardour/Jack, but I use Audacity.
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    Dual Core T4300, Intel GM4500
    Triple Boot: Ubuntu Studio, OSX, Windows 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast