Thread: Weird Problem Restoring a Panp7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Weird Problem Restoring a Panp7

First off, I should explain myself and say that I did not cause this problem, though it wasn't Ubuntu or the machine itself. It was my idiot of twelve-year-old brother.

What he managed to do was pull out the battery on my Panp7 (The new one, that came last Wednesday) while the system was in suspend mode. Upon trying to boot, I was greeted with a message saying that the boot was waiting for /dev/sda3 (The /home partition, I believe.)

This message did not go away, and fsck from a live CD did not fix the problem. So, story put short, I reinstalled.

I used the Ubuntu 64-bit Live CD. Downloaded, burnt slowly and verified twice to check for errors. There were none.

Upon rebooting the installed system, as per the recovery instructions, I found that much of my hardware is not functional. To name a few, graphics card, touchpad, wireless, and, most devastatingly, the ehternet controller.

The weird thing is is that most of these devices worked just fine in the live CD, which I currently have to use to actually connect to the internet.

I have also tried the 32-bit to no avail (identical results). Since this is a brand-new computer, I would really like to have it working.

How can I fix my system? I have no school from tuesday through thursday, so could I take the machine in to have it looked at? Or is there something more obvious I'm missing?
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Weird Problem Restoring a Panp7

Right now, special procedures have to be used to restore the PanP7. Shoot me an email at support...at...system76...dot...com.

I don't really want to post instructions here, as they will be changing shortly.

Or you can just bring your machine in, and we can image it on the server.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I think I'll just bring it in today. I have to backup my data first, but I'll leave when I'm finished.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    I think I'll just bring it in today. I have to backup my data first, but I'll leave when I'm finished.
    Dang, must be nice to have System76 near by Just curious, does the Sys76 office have a showroom or storefront?

Sam
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

No. Denver is our admin and tech support office. We have no storefronts.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC