Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DO NOT upgrade plymouth yet..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: DO NOT upgrade plymouth yet..

Hilarious, first really annoying bug this cycle.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

And it stayed way too short (read: it's kinda fixed now).

In addition I now know what was meant by: http://twitter.com/keybuk/status/10284098563

Urgs.
    The Power User’s Guide to Unity
    Questions about Ubuntu? Ask them at askubuntu.com!

Beans

Sorry about that "minor" bump, folks.

As regular followers may know, we're starting to have a few issues due to the complicated intertwining dependencies of our core system where things have to be built in a certain order.

In this case, the problem was we had to build the new plymouth (with the new library name) to build the new mountall. But needed the new mountall to build plymouth with the right "Breaks" fields.

This is because building plymouth directly would have resulted in the buildds committing suicide part way through. This happened to us about this point in the cycle last release, we at least avoided that this time.

The problem is that it meant for a short period, there was a pair of plymouth and mountall packages in the archive that did not work together.

If you see an upgrade to *both* (mountall should be 2.8, plymouth should be 0.8.0~-13 or -14) then you're good to go with the upgrade.

Beans

if you already updated how might you get booting again. the method mentioned above was a no go for me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by executorvs View Post
    if you already updated how might you get booting again. the method mentioned above was a no go for me.
    Copying one name to the other should be enough I think; only the name changed, not the contents.

make /lib/libplybootclient.so.2 a symlink to or copy of /lib/libply-boot-client.so.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

read this page..
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1428365&page=2
    I lay down on my bed, looking at the stars, and starting to wonder............................................ .where the **** is my roof..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by keybuk View Post
    Copying one name to the other should be enough I think; only the name changed, not the contents.

make /lib/libplybootclient.so.2 a symlink to or copy of /lib/libply-boot-client.so.2
    lol..im following you on twitter from now on
    I lay down on my bed, looking at the stars, and starting to wonder............................................ .where the **** is my roof..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dexter View Post
    hi bruce,

if it is possible for you start your machine with a live-cd.

then link:

Code:
    sudo ln -s /lib/libply-boot-client.so.2.0.0 /lib/libplybootclient.so.2
    now, you should be able to boot again.

Continue with removing the link and getting the new upgrade (apt) for mountall and gdm.
    this did not work for me any other ideas?? I can reinstall if I have to but with my live disc being over a week old that's a lot of updates to get going quickly not the quickest connection here..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

this did not work for me any other ideas?? I can reinstall if I have to but with my live disc being over a week old that's a lot of updates to get going quickly not the quickest connection here..
    i replied to you above..

Beans

try this :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...6&postcount=19

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast