I apologise if this is an inappropriate place to put this information but as I could not find the information anywhere else I was keen it appear on the web somewhere.
I installed DAViCal using various sources of information onto a Hardy 8.04lts server. All seemed fine until I came to connect Lightning (Calendar add-on for Thunderbird) to the remote calendar (I am sure the same applies to Sunbird the stand-alone calendar client).
The sticking point was the address you have to put in location of the calendar. I could not find the correct address to enter. In the end with a bit of detective work and trial and error (a lot of error) the following worked:
The full instructions are:
- Select a New Calender... (File > New > Clender...); Click Next >.
- Selcet On the Netowork radio button.
- Select CalDAV radio button; Set Location to:
Click Next >
- Set an appropriate Name for the calendar and Color; Click Next >.
- You should be asked for the calendar user name and password, so enter those.
- With any luck you should get a message "Your calender has been created; Click Finish.
Trouble shooting tip
To check if the user name and password is correct. Type the following url into your browser:
You will then be asked for a user name and password. If you can enter these correctly you will have access to the account details.
I have to repeat the installation process for another server. I will try an log everything I do and get that documented.
For now atb