Thread: Complaint agains infraction

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Complaint agains infraction

Hello.

I made a post in the "I have sinned" thread regarding my dislike for FOSS purists and Linsux members.

I see freedom of speech is pretty restricted here. I wrote clearly on the post that I wanted to exercise my right to free speech here.

A while ago, I lambasted my infraction record, saying that I might want to start afresh. This might be the case if I keep getting infracted for exercising my freedom of speech.

Regards, -TTM-

Beans

Re: Complaint agains infraction

From the code of conduct

Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.

Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person or group). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion.
    If the thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Any users who continue to post in this manner or engage in other questionable practices, like trolling (posting in an attempt to engage people in arguments) may be subject to more serious sanctions.

I issued only a one point infraction. I was considering a higher point value as your post indicated you were aware that what you were doing was unacceptable.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question Re: Complaint agains infraction

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Your post indicated you were aware that what you were doing was unacceptable.
    Since when was free speech unacceptable?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

OK< I admit that I look like a right div here, but what I don't get is that venting against a particular community is unacceptable here. Linsux often lambasts us.

Beans

Free speech does not mean you can insult other members . You agreed to the Code of conduct when you joined this Forum.
    If you feel you can no longer abide by that code then maybe you should review your continued membership.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

First free speech does not mean you may say what you will where you will. You can not, to cite the classic example, yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theater and you may not incite violence. You may also be financial responsible if you are found guilty of slander.

More specific to these forums, these forums are moderated by the Code of Conduct as interpreted by the staff.

As you are aware you have difficulty following the CoC and this has been discussed with you on several occasions.

If you feel you are unwilling to abide by the Code of conduct, the best course of action would be to take a break from these forums until you feel you are able to abide to the Code of Conduct.

Bad behavior by Linsux members on the Linsux forums (or anywhere else) does not mean you are allowed to violate the CoC here. I suggest you take your issues with Linux with the Linsux community on their forms via whatever resolution process they have.

So long as the Linusx crowd follows the Code of Conduct they are welcome here.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface