Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xfce4-screenshooter copy to clipboard from command line

Beans

Re: xfce4-screenshooter copy to clipboard from command line

UPDATE - Sorry, scratch the following.....there is no way to pass a clipboard option through the cli.......unless you add the option to the source code and compile it yourself.....alternatively, go to the xfce website and request the feature......

Ok,

I have had a look at the source code for the screenshooter, and here is your solution:

Code:
    xfce4-screenshooter -fh
    for full screen to clipboard

Code:
    xfce4-screenshooter -wh
    for active window to clipboard

Code:
    xfce4-screenshooter -rh
    for selected region to clipboard

of course include -d <delay> if you want to have a delay before the screenshot is taken

According to the source, you must include a region (-f fullscreen, -w window or -r region) to prevent the dialog poping up, and, of course, adding h (hide save dialog) to that ensures the image goes to the clipboard.

Cheers.
    Last edited by denham2010; March 15th, 2010 at 08:15 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by denham2010 View Post
    According to the source, you must include a region (-f fullscreen, -w window or -r region) to prevent the dialog poping up, and, of course, adding h (hide save dialog) to that ensures the image goes to the clipboard.

Cheers.
    Adding -h does not ensure that the image gets to clipboard, it just saves the image in the home directory without a save dialog.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gabello View Post
    Hi,

My xfce4-screenshooter GUI has the option Copy to the Clipboard, but I could not find this option in its' command line help.

I'm trying to bind printscreen key with this. I know that in order for the option to work I need to have the application always running (in GUI thre is option Close the application after screenshot , again somenthing that I can not find in command line).
    I know this is a really old thread, but I found myself needing to find the answer to this recently, so I thought I'd post the answer here for future seekers of this info.

To bind a key on your keyboard (usually PrintScreen/SysRq) to your xfce4-screenshooter application go to:

Xfce Main Menu --> Settings --> Keyboard --> Application Shortcuts tab

Add xfce4-screenshooter. A pop up will appear asking you what key you want to bind it to. Just click the key of your choice and you're all set.

Regards,

~Eric
    V. T. Eric Layton
    Registered Linux User #423757
    Registered Machines: #336848, #427356

Central Routing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12