Thread: Why is the layers palette in GIMP not showing any info for me?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Why is the layers palette in GIMP not showing any info for me?

I add layers and they don't show up and the controls at the bottom of the layers palette (add layer, bin, etc) are all blanked out and i can't select them. It's impossible to do anything with layers in GIMP as it is at the moment and i need to get it sorted. I have tried closing down the layers tab, restarting GIMP and then adding the tab again but i get the same result, a layers palette that won't respond or show any layers that i do add. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Why is the layers palette in GIMP not showing any info for me?

I also tried reinstalling it. Everything is still just frozen in the layers palette. The rest of the program is working flawlessly but without layers i can't do much. Even the Mode and Opacity setting cannot be used.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Anyone able to help at all? Please?

Beans

I had the same problem. I dragged the layers dialogue outside the paths, channels, layers, undo window so it became its own seperate window and this solved the problem. I'm using Win7 so I don't know if this will work in Ubuntu. I also wanted to keep layers as a dialogue in that main window though so I clicked the arrow next to the word "Layers" and in the dropdown box I unchecked "Auto follow active image", exited, then re-checked it. This also solved the problem for me.