Thread: Article about Women in the Linux community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Article about Women in the Linux community

Hi.

Since a couple of days I was wondering about women in the linux community. My wife and daughter using it, I was wondering how far and how extended is the involvement of women in linux so I started browsing around and I was very happy to see that it goes pretty well.

It's not a very complete article in the sense that I didn't mention every resources available online for women. This forum and others do it better than me.

So here goes
    Linux cheat sheet

If you can't afford to loose it, if you don't know how to get it back: back it up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Article about Women in the Linux community

My wife happily dual boots and usually boots Ubuntu.
    "I want a dumb phone that allows me to decide just how smart it can be." ~me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Yeah. Me too
    Linux cheat sheet

If you can't afford to loose it, if you don't know how to get it back: back it up.

Beans

I've found that a lot of my relatives have Ubuntu-fever; my aunt, who has a PhD in Computational Linguistics, boots Ubuntu religiously, and got her husband to dual-boot it on his XP machine.

It's hilarious because my cousins are still playing with old macs and they keep asking my aunt when she's going to buy them a computer "just like" hers. They're jealous of her Ubuntu...