Thread: Can't connect to my wifi... and the problem is in my computer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Can't connect to my wifi... and the problem is in my computer

I'm having a weird problem. We were changing the security configuration of the router from WEP to WPA and everything worked just fine. However, since one of the computers at home couldn't do it with WPA security, we reverted the settings back to WEP, and my computer couldn't connect to the Internet anymore.

The thing is that I can get connected to the network, but I have no Internet access, I can't even log in to the router. I've removed the configuration of my network at the Network Manager, and also reset the router to its original settings, with no result. I'm 100% sure the problem is in my computer, since all the other comps at home show absolutely no problem. To add to the weirdness, I can connect to other wireless networks, it's only the one at home which fails!

Any thoughts?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Can't connect to my wifi... and the problem is in my computer

What happens when you right-click on Network Manager, select "edit connections," then Wireless/add, and enter your SSID, encryption type and password?

I trust the router is no longer running with original settings, where one of your neighbours can log on as admin...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Can't connect to my wifi... and the problem is in my computer

I just CAN'T believe this... I thought "I have tried that a hundred times, but let's give it another try"... and it worked! Oh man, I don't know what happened, but I'm truly awed!!! If I knew that a simple post to ubuntuforums would make my wireless adapter self-conscious, I'd have done it much earlier!!

I wish I still had the problem so I could figure out what was really happening. Er... wait... no, I think I can live without knowing so!

Thanks for your reply, Gordintoronto!