Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible

The first one is the most important to me

its not all that great being the noob

for example, noobs like me have no idea how you get that little piece underneath your posts.........how do you get that?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible

Quote Originally Posted by zakshdw View Post
    The first one is the most important to me

its not all that great being the noob

for example, noobs like me have no idea how you get that little piece underneath your posts.........how do you get that?
    Possibly you mean the sig - http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

ah yes thats it thanks very much

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Is there a code to type in terminal to see if ubuntu see your NIC(Ethernet)? Its a onboard ether.
    A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

How do I get a hold of a moderator? [To redirect a mispost.]
    93% of the world's computers have a virus, that virus is Windows.
    To assume makes an *** out of a you and a me.
    He who asks is a fool for five seconds, but he who does not ask is a fool forever.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by muddpup64 View Post
    How do I get a hold of a moderator? [To redirect a mispost.]
    Use the Report Abuse button on the left panel of each post to alert one of us. This is not just for abuse but a way for users to attract staff attention to something.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forestpiskie View Post
    Use the Report Abuse button on the left panel of each post to alert one of us. This is not just for abuse but a way for users to attract staff attention to something.
    Perhaps it would be worth making that fact better known? If the button says report abuse then I would tend not to use it for anything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Perhaps it would be worth making that fact better known? If the button says report abuse then I would tend not to use it for anything else.
    I second that! It should be something like "help", "moderator", or even "ask a moderator". People need to know about stuff like that, to get their questions answered better and quicker.
    Last edited by muddpup64; June 22nd, 2010 at 06:59 AM.
    93% of the world's computers have a virus, that virus is Windows.
    To assume makes an *** out of a you and a me.
    He who asks is a fool for five seconds, but he who does not ask is a fool forever.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by muddpup64 View Post
    I second that! It should be something like "help", "moderator", or even "ask a moderator". People need to know about stuff like that, to get their questions answered better and quicker.
    The problem with that is; people will try to use/abuse it for asking support question instead forum board.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

In that case you need to decide whether you want it to be a way for people to contact mods in any way (in which case it needs to be made known) or you want to avoid misuse of it (in which case you should tell people it is only for "reporting abuse"). Trying to achieve both just leaves people confused and you get the worst of both worlds.

Just my 2 cents.

Angus

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast