Thread: Growl for Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Growl for Ubuntu

Dear Forums members,

I'm honestly surprised that I can't find anything on this after searching Google and the Ubuntu forums. Here's what I got.

I have a server that has the capability of sending out Growl notifications to the network. I think this would be a cool way to be notified if something happens on the system as I can send out e-mail and/or a desktop notification. There is Growl for Windows which would allow Windows based PCs to recieve the notifications but I can't find a way to do this in Ubuntu. I know Ubuntu has it's own notifications system but I was thinking it would be easier to integrate since the Ubuntu has notifications by default. I was hoping that there would be a way to configure Ubuntu to receive Growl updates and pass them along using the Ubuntu notification system already installed.

Presently I can't find any solution and I hate to think there is a solution for Windows and OSX but not Ubuntu.

Any help would be appreciated
    Ubuntu Lucid 10.04
    Running Compiz Fusion across Dual LCD monitors on nVidia 7300

Lucid fixed so much on my MacBook 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Growl for Ubuntu

you can check out http://www.mumbles-project.org/ i know it has not been updated in a really long time. but i have been looking into making my own growl like program to push dbus notification to prowl or some other out side notification.