Thread: Windows of programs in Wine disappearing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Windows of programs in Wine disappearing.

Today, I started up a Guild Wars trial in Wine. It is my first time using Wine. It works, but when I put it on another desktop, the window disappears. So I log out, log back in and it is installing something which will take a while so I put it on another desktop while I used my browser waiting for it to download and install whatever it is installing. I check on it, and it disappeared again. I just figured it just needs to stay on the same desktop, and log out and log back in again. This time when I start it, I can only hear the sound, no window comes up. I'm using 64bit and 9.10 if that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Windows of programs in Wine disappearing.

Go into Wine settings and then go to Graphics, check the box "Emulate a virtual desktop" and change the size to whatever you want. It's a little more annoying, but it's the only real fix until a new version of Wine pops up - you might want to tell them of your dilemma, by the by.
    54 48 45 20 47 41 4D 45 0A

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: Windows of programs in Wine disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancycakes View Post
    Go into Wine settings and then go to Graphics, check the box "Emulate a virtual desktop" and change the size to whatever you want. It's a little more annoying, but it's the only real fix until a new version of Wine pops up - you might want to tell them of your dilemma, by the by.
    That doesn't seem to work. Since my post, I downloaded steam and installed half life, and both of those work. It is only with this has it stopped being the case where I could see the window

Edit: Nevermind, I get a blue window after logging out and logging back in. It is just blank blue, but I still hear the sound.
    Last edited by !!??; March 1st, 2010 at 06:20 AM.