Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jimi Hendrix record drops tomorrow... who's excited?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

New Jimi Hendrix record drops tomorrow... who's excited?

Tomorrow perhaps the greatest musician ever to grace this earth rises from the grave and blesses us with 60 mins of previously unreleased material.

I will personally be excusing myself from the general rule of not supporting the recording industry to buy this glorious package of goodness. I have been listening to the Valleys of Neptune single and I love it to death.

There is something so timeless about Jimi's music, the album might have been recorded 40 years ago but it is sure to feel at home today just like the rest of his catalog.

Tomorrow will be a great day.
    On strike during the Oneiric cycle due to ungratefulness of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro

Re: New Jimi Hendrix record drops tomorrow... who's excited?

I most definitely am but since the record will probably won't reach my country any time soon, I will have to get it in some other way . For now...

I just can't understand the music kids listen to these days (even though I'm not old).
    ...Things To Tweak After Installing Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

http://www.webupd8.org - Daily Ubuntu / Linux news and application reviews.

Beans

I'm excited to see it released on vinyl!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

This MIGHT be awesome, but I'm not convinced yet. If Jimi didn't want it to be released, maybe it shouldn't be.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeuser View Post
    perhaps the greatest musician ever to grace this earth
    lol

(This message was brought to you by the Mozart-Turns-In-His-Grave Committee.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Bachstelze View Post
    lol

(This message was brought to you by the Mozart-Turns-In-His-Grave Committee.)
    Both were great. Jimi is the master of the modern guitar, Mozart one of the masters of the classical school of music. You can't compare them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Going to be interesting if there a gem or two hiding in the unreleased material.

Beans
    Distro

Actually, the album, "Valleys Of Neptune," is not due until March 9th or 10th. According to Amazon, March 9th.

* 12 previously unreleased studio recordings
    * Features "Valleys Of Neptune," one of the most sought after of Hendrix's commercially unavailable recordings
    * Includes exciting 1969 arrangements of classic signature songs "Red House," "Fire" and "Stone Free"
    * Limited edition LP to be individually numbered out of 5,000 pieces and pressed by RTI in California

See the video for the title track here: http://www.amazon.com/Valleys-Neptun.../dp/B00328G4V6
    Last edited by Uncle Spellbinder; February 28th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    * 12 previously unreleased studio recordings
    means 12 studio recordings that haven't been released in the 39 years since Hendrix's death because they are seriously substandard and no one at the record company has dared think the listening public would pay for the crap. Until now.

* Features "Valleys Of Neptune," one of the most sought after of Hendrix's commercially unavailable recordings
    "commercially unavailable", but most serious Hendrix fans will have plenty of bootlegs.

* Includes exciting 1969 arrangements of classic signature songs "Red House," "Fire" and "Stone Free"
    More "exciting" than the many versions we've all got already? No. "Exciting" only to those who haven't heard any of the excellent recordings we've already got.

* Limited edition LP to be individually numbered out of 5,000 pieces and pressed by RTI in California
    Ah, so that's what it's all about really. A limited edition for the collectors who just have to own everything that's ever been released. Those of us who aren't anally retentive will spend our cash on something else.

See the video for the title track here: http://www.amazon.com/Valleys-Neptun.../dp/B00328G4V6
    I'll go have a look. IMHO Hendrix is the greatest guitar player ever. But I won't fall for a cheap money-grabbing swindle like this "new" album.

EDIT: Well whaddayaknow? A video that consists of lava-lamp and kaleidoscope effects and some fuzzy pics of Hendrix's hands playing the guitar. The soundtrack might be worth lifting off of it, but it does sound rather flat. I'll have to go check: but I think I have better recordings on the bootlegs I own. That vid hasn't convinced me to buy the album. What a shock!
    Last edited by t0p; February 28th, 2010 at 10:53 PM.
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by NCLI View Post
    Both were great. Jimi is the master of the modern guitar, Mozart one of the masters of the classical school of music. You can't compare them.

Exactly. Each in their own way. And Lady Gaga, she's neat too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast