Thread: how to install UEC in one machine

Question how to install UEC in one machine

hi folks,

does anyone know of an article that explains how to install all Ubuntu Elastic Cloud on one single machine?

i understand that it should be ideally used with at least two; but i am trying to test it and i do not have two machines to use.

thanks,

Nicolas
    www.brainpowered.net
    supporting Open-Source in Europe. Business Intelligence, Talend ETL & Database Services

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: how to install UEC in one machine

The following is only a guess:

Basically i would say you have to install a system and in this something like virtualbox or anything similar and then install the uec on this. Another way wouldn't even make sense or? To my mind a cloud should use the hardware of many computer (at least 2) to solve one problem.

Lightbulb Re: how to install UEC in one machine

thanks,

i solved the problem by ditching ubuntu as a host and adopted PROXMOX to host all virtual machines.

it is a very interisting solution.

i am using it to host my ETL and database projects, and webservers and it is working fine so far and VERY fast with low resource usage.

i will keep you posted..

with regards,
    www.brainpowered.net
    supporting Open-Source in Europe. Business Intelligence, Talend ETL & Database Services

Beans

Hi nicolasdiogo
    Could you tell me,what system hardware do you use to run PROXMOX .
    I want to run PROXMOX for a test as you did,but i only have a 32-bit computer,i saw on the PROXMOX official website (http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation) they says the minimum requirement is a 64-bit CPU.
    Can i use PROXMOX ?

Lightbulb Re: how to install UEC in one machine

www.brainpowered.net

Beans