Page 104 of 164 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1639

Thread: Marvelous March 2010 Screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Marvelous March 2010 Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by hhh View Post
    gutterslob beat me to it (another great screen buddy, btw), but narf41's dock icons are a riot!

Posting this for posterity, ArchBang 2.0-RC1 Live out-of-the-box (except for the wireless driver being installed)...

I've never managed to get a wireless connection going with Arch (turned out to be super simple, no driver=no wireless, D'oh!). Now the dilemma, to install or not to install? The Arch Way or the highway?
    Install

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AnUnderwhelmingUsername View Post
    Where can I find this wallpaper please?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cespinal View Post
    I han cas wallpaper nao?
    You can find it here

Quote Originally Posted by etnlIcarus View Post
    I'd be really curious to see what you could do with something like Gnome, or Xfce. Your sensibilities are a full 180 from the average Gnome/Xfce themer.
    Firstly, I'm not really a full-on "themer" like you guys. Aside from wallpapers, all I do is make my own OBTs, since the process is pretty straightforward (even a senile platypus can do it). The GTKs I use tend to be hackjobs on existing ones (this current one is based on Black Grass by Hanna). Icons are just the ACYL set customized to match my OBT or wallpaper gradients.

I'm quite fond of Xfce, but have no idea how easy/hard it is to make Xfwm themes. I have tried customizing it with existing themes, but I don't think I could ever do as good a job as you if I tried making my own. Might give it another go again one day.

Posting this for posterity, ArchBang 2.0-RC1 Live out-of-the-box (except for the wireless driver being installed)...

[snip-snip]
    Now the dilemma, to install or not to install? The Arch Way or the highway?
    Nice screenshot, hhh.
    That wallpaper seems familiar. Is it a crop of the one with the black heart in the middle?

Personally, I'd recommend Sid over Arch (or Sidux if you want Sid on a leash, which I currently run), but if ArchBang works well enough on your rig, go for it!!

Another option would be to wait a bit for the next official Debian Testing based CrunchBang release. The first alpha will probably be out in a few days.
    Last edited by gutterslob; March 17th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gutterslob View Post
    Nice screenshot, hhh.
    That wallpaper seems familiar. Is it a crop of the one with the black heart in the middle?

Personally, I'd recommend Sid over Arch (or Sidux if you want Sid on a leash, which I currently run), but if ArchBang works well enough on your rig, go for it!!

Another option would be to wait a bit for the next official Debian Testing based CrunchBang release. The first alpha will probably be out in a few days.
    No idea about the wall, it's the default one they're using for ArchBang.

Doesn't look like I'll install it as I'm getting half the wireless connection speed as Karmic, no matter what rate I set. Bummer.

You're running Sidux? I'll look into it, thanks.

-edit- How did you get to Sidux/Openbox, from the KDE lite install or XFCE?
    Last edited by hhh; March 17th, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

-edit- How did you get to Sidux/Openbox, from the KDE lite install or XFCE?
    The same way you install Openbox on Ubuntu, basically.
    I built mine from source (after I did the Xfce install), since I wanted the latest 3.4.11, but the new versions should be in the Sidux repos.
    Their forums should have threads about Openbox installs/experiences.
    Might be a bit of work, but it's faster than doing a netinstall of Debian Squeeze/Sid (which I would normally do, but I just didn't have the time that week)

Sorry I can't help with the slow connection speeds in your ArchBang install, why not ask in their forums (I know they have a thread or two in the #! forums, but am not sure if they have a dedicated forum or not)... have you tried replacing WiCD with Network-Manager (or vice-versa)?
    Edit: you could also try the Arch Linux forums, in case you haven't.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    I love that wall. Do you have a URI for it by any chance? I tried Googling it but couldn't track it down.
    Here you go:
    http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=121442

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I got the same vibe. Kaffeine towed the KDE3.x line in terms of really ****** aesthetics, random layouts and visual clutter. So, probably that.
    I hadn't used kaffeine back then, but now in kde4 it looks OK. It's the "function categories" that remind me of kaffeine actually. One for playlist, one for video, etc... (which is good)
    Ideally - it's the only backend that can playback smoothly on my anaemic hardware.
    Actually my laptop finds mplayer easier to handle than gstreamer. I can even play 720p video with gnome-mplayer (and not with any other player).
    You have a profile at deviantart?
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by koleoptero View Post
    You have a profile at deviantart?
    Hell no!! O_O
    A friend from the #! forums asked for some of them to put up on his DA page for other #!ers to download. I thought I already gave you a link some time ago... no?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hell no!! O_O
    A friend from the #! forums asked for some of them to put up on his DA page for other #!ers. I thought I already gave you a link some time ago... no?
    No, but if I wanted a wall I'd have asked.
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans

there´s too much, really too much, milk in my coffee

Page 104 of 164 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast