Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gnome Shell themes thread... ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: The Gnome Shell themes thread... ...

Quote Originally Posted by k3lt01 View Post
    I must say I think thats the wrong place, I have never looked in art and design in the nearly 3 years I have been on this forum as it just doesn't interest me wading through it for things that "may" be of interest to me.

If this did need to be moved Tutorials and Tips would have been a much better option imho.

You might be more likely to see it in Tutorials and Tips, but it has absolutely nothing to do with tutorials and tips, it has to do with art and design. The fact that's not of interest to you is absolutely irrelevant.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitWho View Post
    You might be more likely to see it in Tutorials and Tips, but it has absolutely nothing to do with tutorials and tips, it has to do with art and design. The fact that's not of interest to you is absolutely irrelevant.
    So someone posting how to change a theme isn't classed as a tip to your pov?

I fail to see how changing a colour scheme, and that is really all that has happened so far, is artistic. Also with "design" nothing in the underlying design of G-S is changed by changing the colour scheme so that's another area where I fail to see the relevance.

Anywhooooooooo, I'm not here to argue a point over thread placement, I am also not here to have my thoughts judged as being irrelevant especially when others have posted very similar pov yet you failed to pick them on theirs. May I respectfully say that you are just going to have to agree to disagree with me.
    Ubuntu User 23142 | Wiki | Laptop | HowTo:Create a background slideshow and Screensaver | Reconditioning pre-loved PCs and installing Ubuntu to give away to good homes.

Beans

this is just something i tried based on techno-mole his smoke theme
    (i used the original icons so i'm not uploading those, don't forget to back up your css if you wanna try this theme)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i like it, i take it that you are either running lucid or you have installed the themes for it ?

either way its good, ive found that editing the css is quite versatile in making the system look how you want.

I recently requested (on the gs mailing lists) the option to change the shape of the desktop previews in over view mode, when using the mosaic mode etc i thought it might be nice to round the corners of, or be able to make them circles/oval etc
    ive seen some mock ups along a similar line.

i have noticed some small changes in the css for gs of late, things like the run dialog is now controlled via the css (or at least the look of it) and also there is now shadow effect when scrolling in the application menu, it kind of gives an almost drum like look to the applications, think of a fruit machine the way they look when spinning and you should see what i mean.

hopefully this weekend i will be able to upload an almost fully commented css (including the new bits) and hopefully a new colour scheme as well (fingers crossed)
    " It darkle's tinct tint, all this,our fun animal world "
    The shed and beyond.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

me again.

i had a quick look through the css for the scheme im using (smoke) and it was mostly commented, aside from the newer additions to it.

ive attached it so everyone can look through it, there isnt that much of a difference in the css compared to a couple of weeks ago, least i dont think there is.

hopefully it prove helpful.
    Last edited by techno-mole; March 7th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.
    The shed and beyond.

Beans

I'm running karmic with the themes installed fastest way to install them can be faund on http://www.webupd8.org/ i think.
    and yes the run dialog can be changed in the css now also.

I'll try to make a drak theme with some lime green today if i find time, i wanna play a bit with the panel buttons and see what kind off effects i can get, the only problem i have with it is that when you theme the panel buttons you also theme a bar where you can select what desktop you want (see screen)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

funny, i was thinking about making a lime/lemony type theme.

anyway i cant think why that bar appears in the workspace indicator, i tend not to use that view, i prefer the mosaic view.

daft question, but when ive messed around with the panel buttons i havent got that bar, you havent added the panel buttons attributes to the workspace indicator have you ? thats the only thing i can think of anyway.

or perhaps the work space indicator is some how linked to the panel buttons else where ? although i cant think why it would be ?
    The shed and beyond.

Beans

Cool Re: The Gnome Shell themes thread... ...

i lost my green/black theme that i was working on last night i did an update and forgot to back up my theme so gnome-shell update overwrote it , and i wasn"t really happy with my gtk theme i was using for base so i just started all over and made one based on the radiance theme (the new light theme) again based on your new css .

ps: i edited some images and added some mouse overs to the panel (i even did a test with and ubuntu logo in the activities menu)

ps: the theme posted is still a work in progress some things i'm not happy about and i will have a look at the java later (but it's much better then my last one i think)

PS!!: back up your theme folder and replace with my full theme folder

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

managed to get another scheme done, i havent edited the icons (still thinking about what will go with the scheme)

this scheme is inspired by ice, not the stuff you get in your freezer, but polar ice, if you have ever watched a natural world type program (blue planet type of thing) and seen the polar ice flows then you will (hopefully) get where im coming from with the colouring.
    Last edited by techno-mole; March 10th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
    The shed and beyond.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I did another colour scheme last night, I decided that being as ubuntu is dropping the brown and orange type look I would make a scheme for gnome shell as a tribute, so here it is, ode to humanity it's not meant to be serious, just a bit of fun.
    The shed and beyond.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast