Thread: Mount Point: Mount Point 0 does not exist

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[Solved] Mount Point: Mount Point 0 does not exist

I am dual-bootng Ubuntu 9.10 and Mint 8, both of which use GRUB2. The Mint 8 GRUB sets the initial menu since Mint was loaded after Ubuuntu 9.10. Since both use GRUB2 I was not concerned about this.

Both before the installation of Mint and afterward I see a series of messages fly by on the screen when Ubuntu is booted. These come right after the initial presentation of the Ubuntu logo.

By restarting several times I can read the first several lines. They are:

Mount: Mount Point 0 does not exist
    Mount 0 terminated with status 32
    Mountall: Filesystem could not be mounted

Further lines follow but I would have to reboot umpteen times to have any chance of copying those.

I have looked in the various Ubuntu GRUB2 files for "Mount Point 0". I do not see any reference to it.

GParted, BKID and etc/fstab all agree on the UUIDs set for my Ubuntu/, Ubuntu Home and Ubuntu swap file.

I see nothing like this when I boot Mint 8.

My questions:

What is the point to error messages (I assume that is what they are) that fly by too quickly to be read? Are they saved to a logfile somewhere?

What is "Mount Point 0"?

What does it mean in this context to say "Filesystem could not be mounted"?

This is all very curious because Ubuntu proceeds to mount and run just fine.

What is Ubuntu trying to do as it starts up that it cannot do?

How do I repair whatever has to be repaired in order to turn off these messages?

I have looked through such GRUB2 dcumentation as I can find without seeing any reference to this. A Gogle search on "Mount Point 0" has not been helpful.

Mark me puzzled!
    Last edited by bill516; February 27th, 2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Problem solved