Thread: Where does Arora look for Flash plugin?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Where does Arora look for Flash plugin?

I've installed Flash plugin the unconventional way and made a plugins directory in ~/.mozilla and copied the libflashplayer.so to it. This works fine for Firefox, but not for Arora. I was wondering in what directory Arora looks for the Flash plugin? Should I also symbolic link to a directory in /usr/lib? What are the common directories Adobe Flash gets installed in?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Where does Arora look for Flash plugin?

I found it by experimenting with different directories apparently Arora looks at the following directory for the Adobe Flash "libflashplayer.so" plugin file:

/usr/lib/flashplugin-installer
    So I just created a symbolic link to that directory from the ~/.mozilla/plugins/ directory:

Code:
    sudo ln -s ~/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/
    Now Arora picks it up and I can install beta version of Adobe Flash easily by dropping it into ~/.mozilla/plugins.
    Last edited by Mustache Villain; February 26th, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You can remove any conflicting plugins and install the appropriate version of flash with an automated installer created by carlee.

For additional tips and instructions see the Flash Optimization section of Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thanks for the links lovinglinux, they look really useful.