Re: Lucid Lynx, I love you!

I agree with OP choice of topic name.

Lucid is sexy, and I love it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Nixon View Post
    I just installed Alpha 3, and right at the end of the installation my NVidia card was recognized, and the display went to full widescreen. After reboot it's still there and crystal clear. Something I haven't seen since 9.10, and only then by deliberately installing new drivers.

Also, I sometimes charge my iPhone on Ubuntu when I don't want iTunes to come up bothering me on my Mac. So I had my iPhone plugged in and when Alpha 3 installed, guess what? I can now access all my tunes, playlists, apps and everything from my iPhone 3G using Nautilus. And what else? RhythmBox interfaces with it, working like iTunes! Blimey, I didn't even know this was on the list of planned additions. I'm looking forward to seeing if I find anything else.

So, well done everyone, it looks like 10.04 will be an excellent release, maybe even ground breaking.
    I'm using Lucid Lynx Beta 1 on a Compaq CQ40-401AU with ATI Radeon 3200HD and AMD Turion X2 and a 2GB RAM and almost the same thing happened to me. I installed it and my display went on with great resolution as well. Although the drivers for my graphic adapters which was for Karmic isn't working anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lancest View Post
    This may be the Nouveau driver that was backported to .32. It seems to work quite well.
    Amazing about your I-Phone! Ubuntu 10.04 is about greatness.
    maybe this was also the case with my graphic adapter...I tried using new drivers i downloaded but it made a mess so i restored my backup for it...And another thing, using Karmic I can't use my wireless adapter but on Lynx I only had to use Jockey to download the drivers and it's good to go...I'm loving it even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by aviedw View Post
    Thats great news. You have a lot of guts installing the alpha. Im with 9.10 and its rock solid for me. Im truly happy with my distro in every way. The only gripe that i have with 9.10 is that they made it so hard to change the log on screen or the splash screen or the boot up muisc. But its not really that big of a deal.
    you gotta try lynx out man...I've only used Karmic Koala for 1 week before upgrading to the Lucid Lynx Beta1 and it's a lot better (IMHO)...And I'm only running the 32bit version...Now I really want to try the 64 bit version...

Beans

Rhythmbox iPhone support doesnt work for me in Lucid Beta 1.

The first time after boot the iPhone is recognized but only if rhythmbox is started after the iPhone is plugged in. When it is recognized, selecting it does nothing whatsoever.

rhythmbox --debug gives an error message "unhandled media"

Hopefully this will get fixed before final.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've just installed Beta 1 and plugged in my iPhone 32G 3GS (not jailbroken). RhythmBox detected my iPhone almost immediately, I was album to browse and play music (with album art) from my iPhone and even add a playlist, but cannot transfer music to or from my iPhone. Hopefully transfer is just around the corner.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is great news for Ubuntu users! If the newest release of Ubuntu can in fact support iPhone, iPhone 3GS & iPod Touches in their out-of-box state (ie; not jailbroken), than I can definitely see an increase in the number of users using Ubuntu. I for one will be VERY happy to finally see Ubuntu support iPhone / iPod Touch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been gagging for this since I bought my iPod touch 2g. I thought I'd be trapped with vista forever. It was horrible re-migrating from Karmic

Just upgraded my acer aspire one with the latest lucid release and my ipod syncs, transfers songs both to and from in rhythmbox and I can browse in nautilus.

It is jailbroken but I don't think that really matters

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567