Thread: Appealing against infraction

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Cool Appealing against infraction

Hello.

I made a couple of posts in the (rather volatile) thread about some botnet being taken down by Microsoft yesterday.

This morning (at about 06:00 GMT) I discovered that a tag saying "ttm = brown noser?" was on the thread. A quick Google search led me to a Wikipedia page about [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sycophancy]sycophancy[/url]. Offended, I quoted the tag, and sarcastically said that I didn't know I was a sycophant. It soon got jailed, and a 2-pointer issued "for attracting attention". I had no intention whatsoever to attract attention.

Hereby, I would like to complain against qra0, who had been trolling against me in the aforementioned thread. I don't understand what qra0 has against me.

-TTM-

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Appealing against infraction

EDIT: sycophancy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Beans

You have been advised to report issues not act by posting as you did . Your action by posting was off topic for the thread in question and designed to attract a response.

You have clearly not heeded the previous warnings regarding reporting issues therefore I decided to issue the infraction.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    You have been advised to report issues not act by posting as you did . Your action by posting was off topic for the thread in question and designed to attract a response.

You have clearly not heeded the previous warnings regarding reporting issues therefore I decided to issue the infraction.
    I support this infraction as well.

@The Toxic Mite: As KiwiNZ indicated, this is not the first time you have been asked to report posts that you feel are in violation of the CoC and allow the staff to intervene.

When you take matters into your own hands the situation escalates and only makes you look bad.

I suggest you simply do not take the bait, or as we often say, don't feed the trolls.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface