Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Beans

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

I've tried the Ubuntu 12.04 LiveCD I'd installed from and the touch screen in it woks the same buggy way: one "touch" and one "real" (touchpad/mouse) pointer. Reinstalling xserver-xorg-input-synaptics has changed nothing.
    I'm ready to give up on multi-touch, but at least single-touch has to work properly, hasn't it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Boberman View Post
    I've tried the Ubuntu 12.04 LiveCD I'd installed from and the touch screen in it woks the same buggy way: one "touch" and one "real" (touchpad/mouse) pointer. Reinstalling xserver-xorg-input-synaptics has changed nothing.
    I'm ready to give up on multi-touch, but at least single-touch has to work properly, hasn't it?
    There is a chance that it is the same issue. There isn't really much point working on multi-touch geastures until we have single touch working.

So when you click on the screen, it's as if there is a second coordinate that the pointer keeps jumping to, and as a result when you are touching the screen it selects an area, like when you click and drag with the mouse.

You tried MeeGo and it worked as expected.

Could you install the program xournal, it's a note taker program, and try drawing on it. If you try and draw on that, does it appear normally or do you get a kind of triangle fan effect.

Beans

I've noticed more patterns in pointer's behavior. Touching the screen affects it as follows:
    1. On the desktop (gnome or unity) the pointer "remembers" where it's been left by t-pad or mouse.
    2. In windows, including Xournal, "real" pointer jumps right and down from the last touched position. It looks like its coordinates receive +X and +Y. And those number are not fixed. Depending on which part of the screen is touched jumps differ:
    a. from approx. 1/5 of the screen width and to the right brings the pointer to the lower right corner.
    b. the first 1/5 is funnier, because it brings pointer to lower egde but with different +X. The closer a touch to the left egde the smaller +X.
    3. Touching standart panel has the same effect as for windows. Oh, and Y works the same way, narrowness of the screen makes it not so obvious.

I dare to presume something like that: X=Xt*Mx, Y=Yt*My,
    where (Xt, Yt) - the last touched on the screen position,
    Mx and My - some multipliers.
    The incrementation, most probably, is more complex.

Thus, I see the two parts of the bugs.
    1. Touching desktop is not relayed to "t-pad/mouse" pointer's coords at all.
    2. In windows - coods are relayed but wrongly with some progression.
    Xinput shows different coords ranges of the touchpad (1472-5570 for X & 1408-4654 for Y) and touchscreen (0 - 4095 for both X & Y). They are turned in display's 1024x600 eventually, but in the process they pass coordinates wrongly.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Boberman; May 28th, 2012 at 02:11 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Bad news, it seems to be bug 946417 at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ev/+bug/946417

Also, I've tried Fedora with the same problems occuring.

The best possible alternative is android (a special remix for the s10-3t) at http://code.google.com/p/android-x86...t.iso&can=2&q= but android doesn't support ethernet yet, so you can only use it on wifi.

I'm going to continue running 12.04, but will stop using the touchscreen, and switch to android when I want to do touchscreen mode. At least that's my current plan. I'm now in the process of re-installing 12.04. I still have to demonstrate that the touchpad will not freeze over a long period of use, as long as I don't ever touch the touchscreen.

Suggest you also add your names to the bug subscription.

hth

Beans

Ah, that's how it is.
    Alright we have to wait for this bug to be resolved.
    Meanwhile yes, I think it's interesting to try Android on the s10-3t.

Beans

This thread seem to have died but anyone try 12.10 yet?
    Any bugs to watch out for?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by blackboot View Post
    This thread seem to have died but anyone try 12.10 yet?
    Any bugs to watch out for?
    Yes, I continue to test each ubuntu version and alpha and beta releases as well as other distros (Slackware, Arch, Fedora, Debian) looking for a linux alternative. I post my results at the end of this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ev/+bug/946417

Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Does you bluetooth adapter still working ? if yes pm me if you dualboot *legacy* OS (win7 x86) ?
    # http://rzr.online.fr/q/apt # test my deb's please
    # http://rzr.online.fr/q/ubuntu # contribs docs etc
    # http://rzr.online.fr/q/unicorn # works for me
    # http://go.cur.lv/files# files to be shared or email me

Beans
    Hidden!

Yes, I dual boot into win 7 still. But, I don't use bluetooth for anything. However, I think the bluetooth and wifi are on the same chip, and wifi still works, so probably bluetooth would too.

Beans

Tired of waiting on ubuntu to fix their unity issue with the cando touch screen ( I was updating 11.10 manually with source code and kernel packages) I have moved over to snowlinux4 cinnamon editon. Very impressed, while cinnamon does crash once or twice a day atleast I can use my s10-3t touch screen. Everything worked right after the install no extra tweaking needed. Desktop rotation is still messed up but the apps I use in portrait mode fix that issue. FBReader, Evince and CoolReader (cr3). Give snowlinux a try you won't be disappointed IMO. Tripple booting now with windows 8 ( ewww), android and snowlinux on a Sandisk 128GB SSD. Good luck all and thanks too everyone who contributed to this thread.

Edit: Install Maximus if you want to get rid of title bars when running apps in fullscreen
    Last edited by blackboot; July 14th, 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast