Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Attached rotation script for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Question Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Hi,

after upgrading my S10-3t to Ubuntu Natty, I have been having terrible problems resuming the computer from suspended state - when I open the display, every second or third time, the standard power and battery leds are lit but other than that, the computer is unresponsive and there's nothing to do except a hard reboot. Obviously, /var/log/syslog has no indication of anything being wrong (or at least I didn't notice anything there).

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Cheers,

mairas

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mairas View Post
    Hi,

after upgrading my S10-3t to Ubuntu Natty, I have been having terrible problems resuming the computer from suspended state - when I open the display, every second or third time, the standard power and battery leds are lit but other than that, the computer is unresponsive and there's nothing to do except a hard reboot. Obviously, /var/log/syslog has no indication of anything being wrong (or at least I didn't notice anything there).

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Cheers,

mairas
    I installed Natty directly and have not had these problems.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MadnessRed View Post
    I installed Natty directly and have not had these problems.
    Thanks for the info - I might nuke my current setup and try that out.

Beans

I have Natty installed and am unable to get my wireless working. The system starts up with the wireless disabled in software (rfkill list). If I try to toggle it on then the system freezes. I've also tried installing the Broadcom STA drivers and was still unable to get my wireless working. I believe with the Broadcom STA drivers installed the system would not lock up but trying to toggle the wireless on would have no effect.

The wireless is not hardware or BIOS disabled.

Beans

Hi. Been running ubuntu on s10-3t for 5mths and love the set up. Has any one got Gnome3 running on Maverick (don't want to step up to Natty just yet). Pls link to any instructions if poss as these havent worked for me http://bit.ly/c2ZMvf

Great to see a [pro]active thread on this machine which I use for everything. Never realised it could go 64bit. Is there anyway to move from 32 to 64 via terminal/synaptics.

I'm no programmer just an enthused end user of Ubuntu since Edgy Eft and Lenovo fanboy
    Last edited by bartango007; April 27th, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hm, I have heard of people installing 64 bit onto a partition which had 32 bit on before, which basically upgraded it, but leaving the configuration as it was. Unless you are fairly confident, I would give this a miss though.

Personally I would wait a couple of days till Natty is released, then download the 64bit version of that and start from scratch. Just remember to back up all your files first.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by bartango007 View Post
    Never realised it could go 64bit. Is there anyway to move from 32 to 64 via terminal/synaptics.
    There is no real benefit to move to 64bit on these specs. If you already are running 32bit, then it's better not to worry about 64 bit until you plan to do a complete re-install.
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MadnessRed View Post
    Attached rotation script for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal
    your scripts works, thanks.
    if i'm getting it right and i'm not doing something wrong i've noted that ginn's coordinate system (and external mouse too) is screwed up from this script, e.g. when the screen is upside down gestures works conversely, e.g. html pages in firefox scrolls on the opposite side of where i'm scrolling my fingers.
    i enclose the wishes.xml file i'm using and trying to edit (i still miss right click but got two fingers scroll in firefox and evince)
    maybe the script could restart ginn sourcing a different wishes.xml ?
    but what about external mouse?
    sorry about my broken english.

Beans

Talking Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

git version of xserver-xorg-input-evdev supports (enabling it through xinput --set-prop or probably a .conf in xorg.xonf.d) right click emulation:
    Code:
    fabio@s10:~$ xinput --list-props "Cando Corporation Cando 10.1 Multi Touch Panel with Controller"
    Device 'Cando Corporation Cando 10.1 Multi Touch Panel with Controller':
    	Device Enabled (135):	1
    	Coordinate Transformation Matrix (137):	1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
    	Device Accel Profile (262):	0
    	Device Accel Constant Deceleration (263):	1.000000
    	Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (264):	1.000000
    	Device Accel Velocity Scaling (265):	10.000000
    	Evdev Axis Inversion (266):	0, 0
    	Evdev Axis Calibration (267):	<no items>
    	Evdev Axes Swap (268):	0
    	Axis Labels (269):	"Abs X" (283), "Abs Y" (284), "Abs Misc" (285), "Abs MT Position X" (286), "Abs MT Position Y" (287), "Abs MT Tracking ID" (288)
    	Button Labels (270):	"Button Unknown" (254), "Button Unknown" (254), "Button Unknown" (254), "Button Wheel Up" (141), "Button Wheel Down" (142)
    	Evdev Middle Button Emulation (271):	0
    	Evdev Middle Button Timeout (272):	50
    	Evdev Third Button Emulation (273):	1
    	Evdev Third Button Emulation Timeout (274):	500
    	Evdev Third Button Emulation Button (275):	3
    	Evdev Third Button Emulation Threshold (276):	20
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation (277):	0
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Axes (278):	0, 0, 4, 5
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Inertia (279):	10
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Timeout (280):	200
    	Evdev Wheel Emulation Button (281):	4
    	Evdev Drag Lock Buttons (282):	0
    i don' have time right now to document this but basically it's
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-evdev
    then install missing dependencies make and brutally subsitute /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so with the one that you have just made.
    this will make xorg crash and you will miss your changes at every xserver-xorg-input-evdev upgrade, if you have a cleanest way to do it post here
    many thanks to Peter Hutterer for the patch:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...t/?id=d9001a6b
    this patch + ginn = touchscreen more usable

EDIT
    i enclose the module if you trust me and don't want to bother to build it
    remember to
    Code:
    fabio@s10:~$ xinput --set-prop "Cando Corporation Cando 10.1 Multi Touch Panel with Controller" "Evdev Third Button Emulation" 1
    fabio@s10:~$ xinput --set-prop "Cando Corporation Cando 10.1 Multi Touch Panel with Controller" "Evdev Third Button Emulation Timeout" 500
    the second command sets the timeout, check which one is the best for you
    the module works with today natty's xorg

REEDIT it seems like the module like i posted breaks ginn, i will retrying appling ubuntu's patch or applying third button emulation to ubuntu's evdev -- no way for me, i know nothing about C and ubuntu's evdev is heavily patched, so i must choose between right-click or ginn. sorry about that
    Last edited by ernia; May 2nd, 2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: attached the module

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast