Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Beans

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

uTouch does not seem to work on my S10-3t. I do not know why...

For convenience I have created a script to make the touchpad work (with pressing buttons and scrolling) in 10.10.
    THIS SCRIPT WILL INSTALL DKMS IF IT IS NOT ALREADY INSTALLED.
    THIS IS NOT TESTED. (tell me any bugs and I will fix them.)

Type this to run:
    Code:
    chmod +x mouse.sh
    sudo ./mouse.sh
    EDIT: Small bugs in the program. Fixed now
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Canadian_Pirate; October 31st, 2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Bug in program

Beans

I do not know if the problem is solved but I just got a Lenovo S10-3t 2 days ago. I am active Meego enthusiast and developer and Meego 1.1 recognized the wifi and the touch right off the bat. I know that this has always been an issue with most netbooks. I have a Dell netbook and I had to built the slasher/broadcomm driver before. The Windows device driver control panel says that the wifi is an Atheros AR9285. The tablet is not explicit in the device manager but in the control panel, there is a pen and touch tool control. I'll boot of the meego live USB again and I'll see if I can get more information. I'll try the latest Ubuntu as well. My first post btw. Nice to be here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hello,

I've recently got this laptop, and, after reading through 34 pages, thought I'd summarize my experiences this:

a) Short of Wifi, everything works perfectly off live CD (10.10) and after install, including display, sound, touch (not multi-touch)), fn-keys, compiz, etc.

b) Initially installed netbook-remix, then removed it and installed 64-bit Desktop since was not comfortable with the remix interface and lack of control. Why 64-bit? Because I can (TM). USB live/install stick created using "Make startup disk" and ISO image of 64bit 10.10 from another system.

c) Wifi worked immediately once "Activated" in Hardware Drivers (restricted drivers). Needed a hardline (LAN) connection.

d) Quick Start was initially disabled in my BIOS settings, so enabled it to check what worked in SplashTop and to replicate if possible in Ubuntu.

e) Excellent battery life results (better than onboard Win7 HB).

f) Excellent ubuntu performance, much better than Win7 (jitters, especially during extensive HDD reads for no discernible reasons)

g) W7 HB features are comparable to Ubuntu's features since HB lacks multi-touch capabilities.

h) Flash, java etc worked immediately after hassle-free installation by clicking "Install missing plugins" in firefox.

i) Right click works fine by tapping lower-right corner of touchpad (but don't depress button). Screen right-click (dwell click) is little iffy, but usually works fine.

j) All in all, very happy with Ubuntu on this netbook, and don't think I will be going to W7 (though netbook is in dualboot setup now).

Hope this will put things into perspective for new owners of this hardware.
    Last edited by prshah; November 8th, 2010 at 04:22 AM.
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks for that prshah, nice to hear that, how about the touchpad and the left-right clicks on that.. hoping that they make multi touch work soon !

Follow me on twitter-vivek_40

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hello everyone
    has anyone got this sound card driver to work right,
    all i can get it to do is analog duplex which is not compatable with several programs, is there any way to get a better driver or to use the windows one

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Experimental multitouch packages for maverick now available, haven't tried them yet. Here's the info:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/XDevelopment

Two ppa's needed:

https://launchpad.net/~utouch-team/+.../xorg-unstable

https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa

and developer info here:

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-dev...er/015347.html

Still not sure if this will enable actually doing anything in applications like firefox or evince. If you try them, let us know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Tried the experimental, the mouse resets to a corner of the screen every second or so. Touch screen can click but not move the mouse. Obviously I couldn't test any multitouch features with this problem.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bufke View Post
    Tried the experimental, the mouse resets to a corner of the screen every second or so. Touch screen can click but not move the mouse. Obviously I couldn't test any multitouch features with this problem.
    Same sad result here.

btw, if you aren't already aware, there's a ppa-purge program that will undo the special ppa packages.

Did you file a bug? If not, I'll get to it a bit later today.

Beans
    Hidden!

if you want to follow, it's bug 675691 at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ch/+bug/675691

Beans

Talking Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Quote Originally Posted by prshah View Post
    Hello,

I've recently got this laptop, and, after reading through 34 pages, thought I'd summarize my experiences this:

a) Short of Wifi,...

i) Right click works fine by tapping lower-right corner of touchpad (but don't depress button). Screen right-click (dwell click) is little iffy, but usually works fine.

j) All in all, very happy with Ubuntu on this netbook, and don't think I will be going to W7 (though netbook is in dualboot setup now).

Hope this will put things into perspective for new owners of this hardware.
    Thank you PRShah and others who posted here! I'm new to Ubuntu (&Linux) and am only able to use some of the suggestions due to newbie status. However, I finally have a touchpad that works (mostly) due to hint i) above.

Touchscreen itself seems to work OK in Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.10, though without multitouch.

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast