Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Beans

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Zyther Thank you for the clarification

As for your heat issues, I do not know why it heats, BUT I do 100% know that all modern processors including the ATOM have built in overheating defenses that will shut down the CPU in the event that heat would damage it.

BUT still heat can damage other components in the motherboard.
    Last edited by ehabh; April 22nd, 2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added name

Beans

Zyther man thanks a lot for your help
    Last edited by ehabh; April 22nd, 2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

is there hot air coming out of the fan vent? laptops and netbooks typically run pretty hot and like the previous post said modern processors will throttle back and then shutdown if there's a threat of heat damage. if the air coming out of the vent is cool though, it's an issue with a bios setting or acpi causing the fan to run needlessly. it won't hurt your computer but it will affect your battery life.

Beans

hm. okay, thanks then (*

one more question. i have problems with microphone and headphone jack in left side of laptop, also microphone itself.
    microphone doesn't work, and jacks doesn't work either.

Beans

oh mother...
    remember, in previous pages i have told that my touchscreen finally worked with evdev and kernel module?
    remember, then i told that after restart it doesn't work, and when i touch to the screen mouse goes to upper left corner?
    now listen. IT IS WORKING. i didn't change anything in conf. files of hal or xorg. i just tired of 2-day war between me and touchscreen and shut down computer. then, this morning i turned it on and got what i have.
    i just don't know how to understand this...

i've read in googl: for testing multitouch just open kind of paint and start to draw with your fingers.
    now, i've opened MyPaint and tried to draw something with two fingers, but got only one line.
    it means, that driver for touchscreen is working but not for dual yet?
    Last edited by zythar; April 23rd, 2010 at 04:59 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zythar View Post
    now, i've opened MyPaint and tried to draw something with two fingers, but got only one line.
    it means, that driver for touchscreen is working but not for dual yet?
    No, that rather means that almost no software is able to deal with the additional data.
    Try 'sudo evtest /dev/input/eventX' (you have to do a bit of trial and error to find out which X is your touchscreen). When the dual-touch is working properly, you should be seeing various reports with IDs 57, 53 and 54 in addition to the normal mouse X/Y reports.

Floe

P.S. evtest is in joystick package.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeffeulogy View Post
    is there hot air coming out of the fan vent? laptops and netbooks typically run pretty hot and like the previous post said modern processors will throttle back and then shutdown if there's a threat of heat damage. if the air coming out of the vent is cool though, it's an issue with a bios setting or acpi causing the fan to run needlessly. it won't hurt your computer but it will affect your battery life.
    there hot air is coming.
    No, that rather means that almost no software is able to deal with the additional data.
    Try 'sudo evtest /dev/input/eventX' (you have to do a bit of trial and error to find out which X is your touchscreen). When the dual-touch is working properly, you should be seeing various reports with IDs 57, 53 and 54 in addition to the normal mouse X/Y reports.

Floe

P.S. evtest is in joystick package.
    here is output of evtest (part of it. there is more but they are practically identical):

Code:
    Event: time 1272024393.598564, type 3 (Absolute), code 57 (?), value 2
    Event: time 1272024393.598595, type 3 (Absolute), code 53 (?), value 607
    Event: time 1272024393.598605, type 3 (Absolute), code 54 (?), value 2648

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zythar View Post
    here is output of evtest (part of it. there is more but they are practically identical):

Code:
    Event: time 1272024393.598564, type 3 (Absolute), code 57 (?), value 2
    Event: time 1272024393.598595, type 3 (Absolute), code 53 (?), value 607
    Event: time 1272024393.598605, type 3 (Absolute), code 54 (?), value 2648
    Looks good - these are the in-kernel multitouch reports (57 is finger ID, 53 is X, 54 is Y).
    So now you either need a) software which can read /dev/input/eventX directly and make sense of it or b) Xserver 1.7 (which is going to be in Lucid) + a very recent version of xf86-input-evdev (I'm not sure if this will be in Lucid or not).

Floe

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by floem View Post
    Looks good - these are the in-kernel multitouch reports (57 is finger ID, 53 is X, 54 is Y).
    So now you either need a) software which can read /dev/input/eventX directly and make sense of it or b) Xserver 1.7 (which is going to be in Lucid) + a very recent version of xf86-input-evdev (I'm not sure if this will be in Lucid or not).

Floe
    can you recommend me some software for multitouch?
    my xserver-xorg-core is 1.7.6 version and xserver-xorg-input-evdev (i don't have xf86-input-evdev) is 2.3.2.

Beans

have anyone problems with microphone and line in/out?
    my microphone is not working at all.
    when i insert mic or headset into jacks that are placed on left side of notebook, mic is not working too and sound is listened only from speakers, not from headset. i'm running custom kernel. maybe i have forgotten to enable some modules? what should be enabled for working jacks and mic?

ps i am running custom kernel on debian unstable too, and there is practically identical configuration, but i have got working jacks there.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast