Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to: Use Compiz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: How to: Use Compiz

Quote Originally Posted by realzippy View Post
    it is not a shame,it is a feature.Normally windows are minimized 'cause you do not need them in the moment;otherwise maximize them
    I thought the point of a preview was to save you from doing that.
    Dell XPS17 L702X running Gnome Shell on 64 Bit Ubuntu 11.10 & 64-Bit Windows 7 | Shell Extensions |
    There are 11 types of people in the world: Those who get this joke, those who don't and those who are geeky enough to find it funny.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Anyhow.The script does exactly what you want...
    Last edited by realzippy; June 15th, 2010 at 06:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Nice to read.
    Registered Linux user,number 507113.02-01-2013: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO 785G |Athlon 2 X4 640|4 GiB DDR|1 TiB SATA2|Radeon HD 6570(HDMI)|Realtek 7.1 HDMI audio|Gigabit Lan|Kubuntu 12.10 Quanzal AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I, too, had wondered about minimised windows. Thanks for that, realzippy, it looks very helpful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello, I have a desktop with ubuntu 10.10, I have compiz working on it, I have the cube, write with fire, and even installed my favorite picture on the top of the cube, I would like to open a window with the genie effect, and close/minimize with fire, I have the genie working but there is no flame/fire effect listed in the dropdown menu to select in open or close window, any ideas?
    Last edited by carvish; March 23rd, 2011 at 02:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by carvish View Post
    Hello, I have a desktop with ubuntu 10.10, I have compiz working on it, I have the cube, write with fire, and even installed my favorite picture on the top of the cube, I would like to open a window with the genie effect, and close/minimize with fire, I have the genie working but there is no flame/fire effect listed in the dropdown menu to select in open or close window, any ideas?
    Hi, carvish. First, let's make sure you have everything you need installed. Open up the Synaptic Package Manager and type in 'compiz.' Make sure you have compiz-fusion-plugins-extra installed.

In CCSM make sure the Animations add-on is enabled.

Then go into the animations tab in CCSM and select the burn effect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks for the info, I went to the SPM and did a re-install of the package and now it is there and working well.
    Thank you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adam22 View Post
    Hi, carvish. First, let's make sure you have everything you need installed. Open up the Synaptic Package Manager and type in 'compiz.' Make sure you have compiz-fusion-plugins-extra installed.

In CCSM make sure the Animations add-on is enabled.

Then go into the animations tab in CCSM and select the burn effect.

Hi wow I'm gonna try you're steps. Thanks for posting these. Can you also post what os you're using and what theme are you using? Man you're os looks nice. What version of gnome is it? Can you share us all that information? Thank you, you da MAN!!

Beans
    Distro

Hi jcer93705.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit with whatever version of GNOME it came with. However, I've made a few key changes, which I think calls for a new howto tutorial that I will link back to in this thread.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adam22 View Post
    Hi jcer93705.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit with whatever version of GNOME it came with. However, I've made a few key changes, which I think calls for a new howto tutorial that I will link back to in this thread.
    I hope you do make the tutorial because that theme and how you're os look is so beautiful. Sometimes we get tired of stock looks and taskbar. You're task bar looks hot stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast