Thread: songbird lyrics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question songbird lyrics

i m planning to formatting my machine.and backuping everything.
    is there any way to back up catches lyrics. there are 2000 lyrics. and i cant afford to loose them all. so any thing that i can do about it ?
    "Well son, the first thing you can do is - stop complaining." - Dad with love.
    Question Everything !!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: songbird lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by nos09 View Post
    i m planning to formatting my machine.and backuping everything.
    is there any way to back up catches lyrics. there are 2000 lyrics. and i cant afford to loose them all. so any thing that i can do about it ?
    Open your home folder and click on the menus View > Show hidden files. You should have a .songbird directory. If you back that up you'll have everything songbird needs to resume working as it is now.
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Red face Re: songbird lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by koleoptero View Post
    Open your home folder and click on the menus View > Show hidden files. You should have a .songbird directory. If you back that up you'll have everything songbird needs to resume working as it is now.
    i know where the songbird's hidden folder is but i want to know where the lyric are ? i could not find them anywhere.
    i want to backup the lyric.
    Question Everything !!!

Beans
    Hidden!

I think the lyrics are stored in the actual file, mp3 or wma. if yur file have a lyric saved the next time you load it in a songbird player with lyrics plugin it will show.

In windows if you right click > properties of an mp3 and do advanced you always see the lyrics
    ----Am right, definately am right, ----
    well It just depends on personal beliefs
    --may be you are also right---

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by pmlxuser View Post
    I think the lyrics are stored in the actual file, mp3 or wma. if yur file have a lyric saved the next time you load it in a songbird player with lyrics plugin it will show.

In windows if you right click > properties of an mp3 and do advanced you always see the lyrics
    are you sure. you mean after formatting my pc. i can see the lyrics with the files i had used in songbird ?
    Question Everything !!!