Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lyrics fetching programme,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thumbs down lyrics fetching programme,

Ok here is the thing i m a green day lover. and sometimes i dont understand what billy joe is speaking !!! so i have to have the lyrics..

is there any programme that fetches lyrics for me and saves it somewhere that i can access them later when being offline ??

yes i can do it by rhythembox it fetches them but i have to copy them manually and past 'em in simple text editor.. and it something i dont like to do. and specially being in ubuntu.. you know what i mean...

we always finds a way rather then saying that try a different thing.. !!!!

"Well son, the first thing you can do is - stop complaining." - Dad with love.
    Question Everything !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ok here is the thing i m a green day lover. and sometimes i dont understand what billy joe is speaking !!! so i have to have the lyrics..

is there any programme that fetches lyrics for me and saves it somewhere that i can access them later when being offline ??

yes i can do it by rhythembox it fetches them but i have to copy them manually and past 'em in simple text editor.. and it something i dont like to do. and specially being in ubuntu.. you know what i mean...

Question Everything !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Everything !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: lyrics fetching programme,

Quote Originally Posted by nos09 View Post

Im not sure, but I think that Amarok saves the lyrics in the tags section of the mp3 file. Of course, if youre using Amarok, it will be displayed in the center column. It does require a TON of KDE libraries though, so you may not like that. You might also check out Banshee media player as well..
    Stop Trusted Computing! http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+
    2x150GB 10krpm HD/2x1TB 7200RPM HD/3ware RAID/
    Xubuntu 11.04/Arch Linux/Gentoo Linux/Fedora

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Everything !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

ok. but is it possible to access them while being offline.

what about backup ..???
    Question Everything !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by nos09 View Post

Guayadeque Music Player will do it soon. Right now it saves lyrics into audio files but its planned to save them too to a directory you specify.

see here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1380811

Greets

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Please do not create multiple threads on the same issue. Threads merged

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Rythmbox stores lyrics in .lyrics (a hidden folder in your home).

I don't know whether this is deleted on log-out or shutdown.

You may find you've got a ton of lyrics in .lyrics already

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by mechro View Post
    Rythmbox stores lyrics in .lyrics (a hidden folder in your home).

I don't know whether this is deleted on log-out or shutdown.

You may find you've got a ton of lyrics in .lyrics already
    and where is it exactly ? i mean the path ?

and i m extremely sorry for multiple threads. i don know how that happend i thought my posts are not actually being posted. i didn't find them in my " find all your threads" section so i thought it could be some mistake or may be server is down.

sorry again.
    Question Everything !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast