Thread: Stopping Unbutu sleeping when using Squeezebox Server

Beans

Stopping Unbutu sleeping when using Squeezebox Server

Hi all

I have just setup Ubuntu 9.04 on an old acer travelmate 3000 laptop to be my new Squeezebox Server for the logitech squeezebox devices i have in my house.

Squeezebox server installed without problems and its serving music nicely. Theres just one problem...

I have setup the via the ubuntu power management setup program to sleep the laptop after 30 minutes of inactivity. The problem is that it doesnt realise that whilst serving music to my squeezeboxes that this counts as activity. So in other words, whilst playing back music, after 30 minutes it suddenly cuts out as my laptop has gone to sleep.

Now on some linux platforms it seems to work by default and not have this problem. Also on windows platforms there is a 3rd party plugin to stop windows sleeping during the squeezbox servers use. This doesn't exist for linux though.

So I wonder if anyone can assist me with general troubleshooting / advise as to what could be done to fix this?!

Beans

Re: Stopping Unbutu sleeping when using Squeezebox Server

Hi,

I realise this is an old post but wondered if you ever found a solution to this? Am facing the exact same problem.

Thanks,

Ewan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Stopping Unbutu sleeping when using Squeezebox Server

This plugin worked well for me for a while:
    http://code.google.com/p/srvrpowerctrl/

But after upgrading to 12.04, it stopped.
    It doesn't look like it's being actively supported, but it may be worth a try.